Dwight Clark passing

/ Dwight Clark passing #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
I was very saddened to hear of Dwight Clarks passing , he wasen’t a personal friend but he was the same age AS my father . 61 years old is to young , I remember sitting and watching 49’er games with my dad and the day he made ォ the catchï½» we watched that game together Which started the great 49er dynasty of the 80’s´ , dad passed in 1988 still miss him.

/ Dwight Clark passing #2  
Pass from Joe Montana to Dwight Clark for winning touchdown against Dallas Cowboys. :thumbsup:

/ Dwight Clark passing #3  
And he played at Clemson. While there he was involved with a Clemson coed, Shawn Weatherly, who went on to win the Miss Universe contest.*

If I ever knew this, I had forgotten it.

Screenshot 2018-06-05 at 10.16.01 PM.png

Former San Francisco 49ers great Dwight Clark dies at 61 after battling ALS

Steve

* How can I remember such trivia from 40 years ago and not remember where I put my keys?:confused3:

Last edited:
   / Dwight Clark passing #6  
More likely the keys are in the fridge, and he left food sitting on the counter. :eek: :rolleyes:

/ Dwight Clark passing #7  
More likely the keys are in the fridge, and he left food sitting on the counter. :eek: :rolleyes:

I've never left my keys in the fridge, but I have been known to leave food sitting on the counter.:eek:

My most recent experience in this regard was my search for my cell phone. After searching its normal hiding places, I discovered it in my hand.:eek: After relating my experience to a friend, she remarked that "At least you weren't talking on it."

Speaking of absent-mindedness, I was recently reading remembrances of a famous economist, Leland Yeager, who had just just passed. He and a colleague had attended a conference in Atlanta. After the conference, they carried on a conversation during their ride to the Atlanta airport and then on their flight back to DC. After arriving in DC, they couldn't find Leland's car in the parking lot. After some time, Leland remembered that he had driven to Atlanta.:)

Steve

Last edited:
   / Dwight Clark passing #8  
Very sad. Died from ALS. He was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Very short time compared to Stephen Hawking who survived for over 50 years after he was diagnosed with ALS.

/ Dwight Clark passing #9  
It's getting harder and harder to watch football knowing that I am responsible for sending people to an early death for my Sunday entertainment.

(*: I and other fans creating a demand.)

/ Dwight Clark passing #10  
It's getting harder and harder to watch football knowing that I am responsible for sending people to an early death for my Sunday entertainment.

(*: I and other fans creating a demand.)

I'm not a football fan, but no one is holding a gun to the players' heads, forcing them to play. However, I have read that an increasing number of pro players are calling it quits early in light of the medical evidence about the effects of their sport on their health.

Steve

Last edited: