Neighbors and their many running wild dogs

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #31  
Put an ad on Craigslist, FREE HUNTING DOGS, you just have to catch them.

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #32  
I'll try the pellet gun the next time I see them here and see if that takes care of the problem.
He has so many dogs, if one didn't show back up, he probably wouldn't miss it !

Pellet guns will kill. This is not your Daisy BB Gun that just stings. Pellet guns are used for hunting. If you don't kill the dog on the spot it will have internal injuries.

Either shoot to humanly dispatch the animal or don't shoot at all.

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #33  
I'll try the pellet gun the next time I see them here and see if that takes care of the problem.

If you are going to kill a dog at least do it humanely with a .22 or larger. A pellet gun will likely just wound the dog and result in long term suffering. :(

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #34  
My son used to let his dogs run all over his neighborhood. That was until they had a neighbor show up with a bill for 5 chickens at a premium, and a warning that if the dogs mess with there chicken coop again they will be shot.

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #35  
I have had to dispatch a few neighbors dogs. I ALWAYS call LE first time and have a warning given. Each time LE has said ''do what you have to do IF they are inside you fence line'' I asked about my free range chickens and he said he said make sure they kill one first because barking and chasing is good enough, but a dead animal is air tight. I will lose a chicken, but not a calf so those are my rules. Twice I have dispatched on my pasture and one with a dead bird in the mouth. Once the neighbor showed up after the shot and I called LE when I was on the phone before he got out of his car. He was treated to a ticket on top of a dead dog due to being belligerent. The other 2 no one showed so after an hour it was SSS rule. Neighbor questioned me each time if I saw them and both times I told him ''coyotes probably got em, I have dispatched a few going after my calf''.

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #36  
If you decide to shoot one of the dogs, I would certainly warn the neighbor first that this is coming if the dogs are not controlled. You are already on the neighbor radar so a warning isn't going to put you anymore on the radar than you already are.

If one of my neighbors shot my dog without first giving me such a warning, ...... well, I am not going to say what would happen.

I also wouldn't be happy if my dog was shot after I had been warned, but it would be different. Once you pull the trigger you can't call the bullet back. I suggest thinking it through before making that decision.

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #37  
In my case the neighbors were warned multiple times and the last warning was from LE who told them deadly force would be used on the next occasion. It is not a good feeling at all. 2 had already killed multiple chickens before they were dispatched with the last chicken in their mouth. One had already bitten my calf so the second time he did not get the chance. I iwll not say I was not remorseful .

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs
If you decide to shoot one of the dogs, I would certainly warn the neighbor first that this is coming if the dogs are not controlled. You are already on the neighbor radar so a warning isn't going to put you anymore on the radar than you already are.

If one of my neighbors shot my dog without first giving me such a warning, ...... well, I am not going to say what would happen.

I also wouldn't be happy if my dog was shot after I had been warned, but it would be different. Once you pull the trigger you can't call the bullet back. I suggest thinking it through before making that decision.

The way I see it, the neighbor has no respect for others in the area. He has gotten all the warning from me he will get.

When I say pellet gun. it's a cheap pellet gun that is of the pump type that also shoots BB's. Can be had at walmart for about $30.00
I have never shot, or killed another animal. I don't even hunt, but I will protect my chickens, even if I have to use deadly force to do so

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #39  
He has gotten all the warning from me he will get.

My apologies. I will cease to comment and will simply wish you .... best of luck.

I don't condone or put up with out of control dogs. Nor should you.

But once you shoot his dog, with no warning, I hope he is more forgiving and mellow than *some* folks could be. Best of luck and happy hunting!!

/ Neighbors and their many running wild dogs #40  
The way I see it, the neighbor has no respect for others in the area. He has gotten all the warning from me he will get.

When I say pellet gun. it's a cheap pellet gun that is of the pump type that also shoots BB's. Can be had at walmart for about $30.00
I have never shot, or killed another animal. I don't even hunt, but I will protect my chickens, even if I have to use deadly force to do so

You certainly have a right to protect your home and property but I have put down a stray dog and it is one of the top 5 things I regret doing. Let/make the sheriff and animal control do their job that is what we pay them for. I know our animal control will set traps for strays and check them daily or you can call if a trap is sprung. Maybe the dogs will eventually end up having to be terminated but at least you will know you did what you could. Good luck with your problem.