Rear Blade L3400 rear remotes

/ L3400 rear remotes #1  

jenrow33

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
Anyone put rear remotes on a L3400?

I had grand thoughts of a newer larger tractor this year, but my budget review committee (wife) had other ideas. So, I’ve spent a few bucks this year adding some implements to the arsenal and a few mods to the L3400 to get me through another decade. Would like the remotes to run a back blade tilt and maybe some other options in the future. I’m a do it yourself fella and wondered if anyone tackled this on the old basic tractors (2800, 3400, 4400) themselves?

/ L3400 rear remotes #2  
Curious as well since I'm looking at putting them on our L4760.

Given that the local dealer wants $2k for two remotes seriously considering a two circuit diverter insead of full remotes.

/ L3400 rear remotes #3  
I'm going to watch this.
I've looked at the hyd. circuit on mine, and thought if I ever wanted to add a 3rd function up front, I'd use the power beyond port from the FEL valve, solenoid valve for the 3rd function, then a manual valve for a rear remote, then a pair of quick connects to power anything with its own valve (log splitter or back hoe).

If I lived closer to a hydraulics supply store... and had some confidence I could get the job done in less then 3 trips to said store.... I'd try it.

/ L3400 rear remotes #4  
Curious as well since I'm looking at putting them on our L4760.

Given that the local dealer wants $2k for two remotes seriously considering a two circuit diverter insead of full remotes.

I went ahead and paid the $2K to the dealer for my 3 port rear remotes. The dealer's work was really crappy, leaving leaky connections, hoses too short and very cheap cylinders. With that said, I'd sure encourage jenrow33 or anyone else to give it a try. Couldn't do any worse.

On the upside, the rear remotes are extremely useful. Those are a basic requirement on any tractor that I'll ever own.

/ L3400 rear remotes
I found a few videos on YouTube last night about guys using the power beyond port from main hydraulic manifold. Seemed not too difficult and definitely not $2k difficult! I may give this a try.

/ L3400 rear remotes #6  
In the process of adding remotes to my L4150. Bought some supplies from Princess Auto (Canadian retail farm type store) at their hydraulics section and getting coached by their hydraulics sales person. Going to install 2 sets of remotes so I bought 2 diviter valves as per his suggestion and will install them and the remotes myself . Then I'll determine hose length and such and get them made there also. The diviter valves tap into the loader/ bucket circuits and I'll select what I want to use as needed and control the rear remotes with the existing loader control.
Al
Al

/ L3400 rear remotes #7  
I found a few videos on YouTube last night about guys using the power beyond port from main hydraulic manifold. Seemed not too difficult and definitely not $2k difficult! I may give this a try.

Right on. The markup that some dealers slap on rear remotes is obscene. When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 I had the dealer install triple rear remotes. His design. $750.

Remotes 5525-1.JPGRemotes 5525-2.JPG

Good luck

/ L3400 rear remotes
Those photos in that thread are perfect, hadn’t seen them yet, thank you.