About to order RK55, question on rear remotes

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #1  

cdb2

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
We're about to place an order for a RK55 and wanted to get a third rear remote added, but the tractor guy at the store I called said he didn't think there wasn't an option for a third rear remote. I thought I had read somewhere before that you could order a third remote but I don't see it on the website configuration tool either. Can anyone confirm if there is or isn't a third rear remote option on the RK55?

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #2  
I don't remember reading, officially, whether or not you can get a 3rd rear remote, but there is another slot where a control lever can be put. Currently there is one in the A and B positions, but there is a C position which is empty. Looking at the rear remotes from the back of the tractor it looks like it simple a matter of stacking another remote on top of the other 2. I would consider talking to the manager of the tractor division at one of the main stores such as Waverly, Ohio. They assemble them there. He would probably have a more informed answer for you.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes
I found where I had heard the third rear remote mentioned before.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rk-tractors/399354-dpf-2.html#post5156607

According to RK Tractor Guy a second and third rear remote were available for the RK37 for $249 each. Seems like a good price, maybe he'll respond here whether it's also an option on the RK55. Otherwise I'll try to go higher up the chain over the phone to see if I can get an official answer.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #4  
That's where I'd seen it! Post #17. And, yes, $249 is a great price for that. If you look on Ebay or other sites, add'l remotes can cost as much as $500. Saw one for a ford tractor for $750. Also I don't think there's any difference between the remotes on the RK37 and the RK55. Hopefully that means the price would be about the same as well.

So I ended up calling another store and they also said they didn't think there was an option for a third rear remotes, but when I mentioned the RK37 having them the guy said he'd check and call me back.

He ended up talking to the regional manager who confirmed you can in fact order a third remote on the RK55, although he didn't know the cost. So, I'll make sure to check on price when I go in to order, but I'm expecting it shouldn't be much more than the RK37.

Hope that helps anyone else who's curious.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #6  
Nice to know you can install a 3rd one, though for me, I can't really think of what I'd need more than 2 for. Actually that's not exactly true because the 2 that are on it now have different controls. One is either engaged or not and the 2nd one you have to hold forward or reverse to operate. What I'd like to add is a link arm hydraulic cylinder to raise or lower the right side. If I did, I'd have that hooked up all the time and another one would come in handy. Thanks for looking into this. Let us know what it would cost, though I really don't see how it could be much more than the one for the RK37.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #7  
Nice to know you can install a 3rd one, though for me, I can't really think of what I'd need more than 2 for. Actually that's not exactly true because the 2 that are on it now have different controls. One is either engaged or not and the 2nd one you have to hold forward or reverse to operate. What I'd like to add is a link arm hydraulic cylinder to raise or lower the right side. If I did, I'd have that hooked up all the time and another one would come in handy. Thanks for looking into this. Let us know what it would cost, though I really don't see how it could be much more than the one for the RK37.

If you do a top and tilt that third remote comes in real handy as I don’t have to disconnect anything to hook up my hydraulic phd or when I finally buy a back blade with hydraulic angle I will also have a third available.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #8  
The 3rd remote is available for the RK55 at $249. An example of a use for the 3rd remote is a flex wing rotary cutter with one set for lift, one each for wing folding.

The 3rd remote is available for the RK55 at $249. An example of a use for the 3rd remote is a flex wing rotary cutter with one set for lift, one each for wing folding.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead an ordered the tractor this morning even though they weren't sure what the third remote would cost. I had a feeling it would end up being $249 though. :)

One more question maybe you could clear up for me. There was a little confusion over whether there would be a labor charge on the 3rd function/3rd remote on top of the option price? If you could weigh in on that it would save me wondering until I go to pick it up in a few weeks.

Also wanted to add that the whole process of ordering went very smooth. The folks there at the Wytheville store were all very helpful and pleasant and I left feeling great about deciding to go with RK.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #10  
The $249 includes the labor to install. More Tractor. Less Price. That’s us.