Buying Advice Got the itch for a new mower

/ Got the itch for a new mower
Thanks for the replies. Don’t want a ZT. We like the X700 with a little yard trailer for chores around the place. The BX would do a great job with that especially out in the horse pastures. But it’s main purpose in life is to mow. I know it’s early but I have been hearing about some good deals that people are getting with buying off season.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #12  
I mow with a BX2350. It's excellent in my opinion. I'm not overly fussy on my grass, but fussy enough. I don't bag the grass, but I mow frequently so that I'm not just cutting hay on the lawn. A BX is far more useful around the house than you'd expect - if you're towing a yard trailer with the X700, then you'll be amazed at what a BX can do with a bucket, with a sprayer, with a fertilizer spreader, with a chipper, with a set of pallet forks. I'm sure there are machines that mow better, but there are no other machines that are as useful.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #13  
There is one important factor to consider when buying a machine for mowing the lawn. The fact is that you gotta look good even when mowing the lawn and I am here to tell you, people mowing lawn with a zero turn machine just don't look good. You mow your lawn with a good looking BX2380 and that sets the standard for looking good in the area. Case and point, my neighbor mows with a Deere zero turn, he looks like a big fat toad on that machine, me on the other hand, I look good mowing!

/ Got the itch for a new mower
There is one important factor to consider when buying a machine for mowing the lawn. The fact is that you gotta look good even when mowing the lawn and I am here to tell you, people mowing lawn with a zero turn machine just don't look good. You mow your lawn with a good looking BX2380 and that sets the standard for looking good in the area. Case and point, my neighbor mows with a Deere zero turn, he looks like a big fat toad on that machine, me on the other hand, I look good mowing!

Well I already look good mowing......usually have a Glock 19 hanging on my hip just to give the neighbors something to look at. Had the sheriffs department called on me once. He said someone called and said there was some guy mowing his lawn with a gun. He pulled in and he said sure enough there I was mowing while packing heat. He laughed. I laughed. Good times. He thanked me for keeping my yard mowed and left.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #15  
Well I already look good mowing......usually have a Glock 19 hanging on my hip just to give the neighbors something to look at. Had the sheriffs department called on me once. He said someone called and said there was some guy mowing his lawn with a gun. He pulled in and he said sure enough there I was mowing while packing heat. He laughed. I laughed. Good times. He thanked me for keeping my yard mowed and left.

Now that is looking good! You seem to understand what I am talking about. I am more of a Ruger revolver man myself, a 454 Casull in a shoulder holster does raise a few eyebrows, helps me look good!

/ Got the itch for a new mower #16  
I have the 2380 and a Scag ZT. A ZT is my choice for mowing. Bx is for rotary mower, box blade and loader. If your main purpose is mowing, may want to consider the 1880.
I also used to have a JD X720. Nice mower, but I think the BX is a lot more bang for the buck.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #17  
I would agree that if you're dead set on a SCUT for mowing, look into the BX1880. If you're thinking FEL and other attachments, then a 2380 or 2680 is a good choice. I would also make sure it has turf tires.

You must have lots of time, no way I'll ever lawn turf mow with a tractor ever again! (OK, maybe when I retire & have nothing else to do... :laughing: )

And yes, a properly equipped commercial ZTR will destroy a SCUT mowing on hills. ;)

/ Got the itch for a new mower #18  
i mow with a bx2200 and 60in. mower,works great.i mow about 2 acres with a steep slope down to the river.ztr,s are great mowers but not near as much fun.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #19  
Thanks for the replies. Don’t want a ZT. We like the X700 with a little yard trailer for chores around the place. The BX would do a great job with that especially out in the horse pastures. But it’s main purpose in life is to mow. I know it’s early but I have been hearing about some good deals that people are getting with buying off season.

My opinion is to go with the BX with turf tires and never look back. Will be the last mower/utility unit you will ever buy.

/ Got the itch for a new mower #20  
I would agree that if you're dead set on a SCUT for mowing, look into the BX1880. If you're thinking FEL and other attachments, then a 2380 or 2680 is a good choice. I would also make sure it has turf tires.

You must have lots of time, no way I'll ever lawn turf mow with a tractor ever again! (OK, maybe when I retire & have nothing else to do... :laughing: )

And yes, a properly equipped commercial ZTR will destroy a SCUT mowing on hills. ;)

"Caster wheels do not have much traction, making zero turn mowers faster on tight turns. Although beneficial for flat lawns, casters do not offer any stability on hills. Your rear tires are the only firm traction on the grass as you encounter a hill."

Scut's in four wheel drive are in my opinion better on hills, for going up, down and sideways. ZTR's are great on flat level lawns. Most of our lawns are not smooth and level and a ZTR will jar your Kidneys if operated at a fast speed on the average lawn.