Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,231  
This is a full galvanized trailer. I don't really want to messed that up by welding or drilling holes.

This is also a multi-purpose trailer. I will build the sides for it eventually so I can haul sand, gravel and whatever it may haul. The sides will probably cover the side rails.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,232  
This is a full galvanized trailer. I don't really want to messed that up by welding or drilling holes.

This is also a multi-purpose trailer. I will build the sides for it eventually so I can haul sand, gravel and whatever it may haul. The sides will probably cover the side rails.
Looks like you have pull up tiedown anchors every few feet on the sides, perhaps use those (would need different straps)? If not, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Forged-D-Rings-Trailer-Tie-down-Ring-27014/dp/B013QE9TZ8 might match the existing holes or bolts.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,233  
I have said it before and it bugs me. DOT insists on strap integrity but disregards what it is attached to. I have a commercially built dump trailer (DJD) and it looks like a four year old with a stick welder put it together.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,234  
Looks like you have pull up tiedown anchors every few feet on the sides, perhaps use those (would need different straps)? If not, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Forged-D-Rings-Trailer-Tie-down-Ring-27014/dp/B013QE9TZ8 might match the existing holes or bolts.

Aaron Z

The ones that came with the trailer look a bit to weak to hold a 4000 lbs tractor. They are rated for 1100 lbs and are just a bit over 3/8" (10 mm) in diamater.

I might give those D-rings a try once I source them over here in Portugal.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,235  
I have said it before and it bugs me. DOT insists on strap integrity but disregards what it is attached to. I have a commercially built dump trailer (DJD) and it looks like a four year old with a stick welder put it together.

I also find that pretty humorous. I also believe in most cases a properly installed hook point would rip off before a 3/8 chain breaks. Another thing I see that bugs me is D rings welded on wrong. They’re only rated for a straight pull and weight rating is only a small fraction of the original working load pulling on them sideways.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,236  
Or use some wood screws and mount that recessed D ring to the wooden deck!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,237  
Why did you buy it ?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,238  
The lane's not so much the issue as following a car length back from group of cars at 75mph for 30 miles.

SO TRUE !!!!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,240  
Some suitcase weights would do that tractor wonders.