Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,671  
Did my drive, walks, neighbor's drive and the short road we live on....twice. The snow is, at 1200 noon, still coming down steady. Further south (White River Junction) is getting a mix of snow and freezing rain. I don't know if we'll get the freezing rain, but I'd rather that be atop the snow, so I think I'll wait until the snow is completely stopped before any more clean up. I expect I'll do my next clean up early Monday morning.

Roy,
I see you are about 80-90 miles northeast of me,
had about 14 inches and 9 degrees this morning when we started getting ice pellets,
then it switched back to snow, been snowing lightly all morning maybe 3-4 inches more but the
total accumulation looks like it has gone down from the ice pellets and heavier snow settling it.
Spent about 3 hours outside on the driveway.
First time this year that it has been froze solid for plowing, lots of ruts and high spots.
A couple of pics out from my garage door one early this morning one about 10 minutes ago;
garage door 1.jpg garage door 2.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,672  
Lol! Yes, we have about 5 of the 10-20 predicted!

We did a little better than that, but like most of these heavily hyped storms we got quite a bit less than they predicted. Maybe 11 here, they were predicting 18+. Briefly turned to sleet, then back to snow.
Plowed mine and my neighbor's driveway, will probably go out again in the morning & clean out the ends once the town plows have finished.

Looking for snow ? Then some of you guys are doing it wrong......

A dead battery and gelled fuel will guarantee a couple of feet arriving ! :rolleyes:

Tractor's fine, but my snowmobile is waiting on parts, dealer-only item. :smiley_aafz:

Was interesting watching the bird feeder today. The chickadees land on the snow and don't sink in a bit, we've got a couple solitary wild turkeys that come around, snow was chest deep on them.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,673  
I came accross this on the On-Line Buy and Sell site, Kijiji.

I don't know what to say!

Wooden Car Plow.JPG

And, back at the factory:

Wooden Car Plow B.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,674  
ATV snow blade was too light for the recent storm. Kept riding up over the top so after about 20 minutes of messing around I dug my way to my larger bucket, and just used that.

IMG_20190120_103916.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,675  

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_134944411_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190120_134944411_HDR.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #4,676  
Did my last pass about 45 minutes ago...snow stopped and pretty much a repeat of this morning...drive, neighbor's drive, walks and the road we're on.
I don't think the town plow ever did make a pass on the road we live on.

Total accumulation is a good 2 feet give or take an inch or so. My boots are about 2' tall and most of the snow came right to the tops of the boots.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,677  
Did my last pass about 45 minutes ago...snow stopped and pretty much a repeat of this morning...drive, neighbor's drive, walks and the road we're on.
I don't think the town plow ever did make a pass on the road we live on.

Total accumulation is a good 2 feet give or take an inch or so. My boots are about 2' tall and most of the snow came right to the tops of the boots.
. Been there done that. best to keep ahead of it. We had one storm that dumped over 3 feet of snow overnight...on top of the 8" that i decided didn't need plowing. OOPS.
Our winter has been weird. had 4" snow 2 days ago. temp shot up to 40. alot of it melted off. Today its snowing again.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,678  
I keep forgetting to take a pic lol. I have cleared snow twice this year. Today was 11 degrees and 15-20mph gusts, I actually got warm enough I had to turn down the heat 1/2 way threw, I had the air on the hottest but slowest fan speed lol.

I just use a 6ft rear Ford blade.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,679  
I came accross this on the On-Line Buy and Sell site, Kijiji.

I don't know what to say!

View attachment 587966

That one seems to be DIY, but didn't someone market a light-duty plow for modern pseudo-SUVs a few years ago? Not sure how you raised/lowered the blade...there didn't seem to be any hydraulics on it. Haven't seen it advertised in a while, I'd imagine it did quite a number on those vehicles.

Our winter has been weird. had 4" snow 2 days ago. temp shot up to 40. alot of it melted off. Today its snowing again.

Winter here came early. We've had snow on the ground continuously since mid-November. Been colder than normal here too...don't usually get sub-zero temperatures until after Christmas, this year we had a spell in early Dec.
Southern part of the state, different story...ground was bare until a week or so ago.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,680  
That one seems to be DIY, but didn't someone market a light-duty plow for modern pseudo-SUVs a few years ago? Not sure how you raised/lowered the blade...there didn't seem to be any hydraulics on it. Haven't seen it advertised in a while, I'd imagine it did quite a number on those vehicles.

you can see a cable running from above the plastic half barrels going to the hood pins. Jon