Ls same engine different hp ratings

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #1  

Bbc396

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls xr3135
So I've noticed on the ls website that almost all ls xr models use the same engine from 35 to 55 hp wonder what the difference is. Looking at new holland boomer 35 and 40 the engines are the same as are the turbos and ecu according to part numbers.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #2  
The programming in the ECU should be the only difference. Same engine in the Boomer 35-55.

Wonder if ordered ECU's come preprogrammed?

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings
I wonder the same thing I compared a boomer 35 and 40 the ecu is the same part number

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #4  
I wonder the same thing I compared a boomer 35 and 40 the ecu is the same part number
If they are preprogrammed I'd be tempted to buy a 45 or 50 ECU.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings
I'd like a 45 for my xr3135 but wondering what it would break.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #6  
They don't come pre-programmed for any 'ol HP value that you request. If you want to buy one you have to provide the serial # of your tractor which they check against purchase records to verify you have what you say you have, and you don't get any more HP than you originally paid for.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #7  
Interesting that they do not come preprogrammed. I only say because some dealers barely have point of sale computers let alone one to program an ECU.

I'd just use a friend's serial number and order it.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #8  
I wonder if there are 'weak' points in the drive train in the models with lesser power.

I have a Ram with a Cummins and they make three different HP/Torque ratings depending on which transmission it came with.

It's fairly east to buy a tuner and give them whatever HP/Torque you want...... You can make 1,000 HP out of a Cummins without even trying hard. But you will start breaking things if you do. Most notably, the transmission.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #9  
As far as I know, no one has cracked the code on these LS engines yet to reprogram the ECU.

I do not believe there are any differences in drive train either. That would not make much sense from a manufacturing point. To have to retool just to make a different transmission for the same frame tractor with the same engine with different ecu programming.

From what I understand, there is a difference in turbo size from the 45hp to the 50 and above in the XR models. Though that might be a bit off. I know they are different and I have the smaller one. And it is very small!, but I can say I have a turbo! :D
Other than that, I belive it is just ecu programing that is the difference. Before too long, someone will 'crack the code' and we will all be driving around more powerful tractors :laughing:. But I wouldnt hold your breath. LS is not exactly John Deere with Right to Repair BS.