Ls same engine different hp ratings

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #11  
awesome!

But LS/New Holland Boomer's are not on their list. :thumbsdown:

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #13  
As far as I know, no one has cracked the code on these LS engines yet to reprogram the ECU.

I do not believe there are any differences in drive train either. That would not make much sense from a manufacturing point. To have to retool just to make a different transmission for the same frame tractor with the same engine with different ecu programming.

From what I understand, there is a difference in turbo size from the 45hp to the 50 and above in the XR models. Though that might be a bit off. I know they are different and I have the smaller one. And it is very small!, but I can say I have a turbo! :D
Other than that, I belive it is just ecu programing that is the difference. Before too long, someone will 'crack the code' and we will all be driving around more powerful tractors :laughing:. But I wouldnt hold your breath. LS is not exactly John Deere with Right to Repair BS.

I will be working on cracking that code as soon as I have time, which might be quite a while.

Where do you get the info about a bigger turbo on the 50 & 55hp models? I am looking at the parts manual for the XR4100 series and I see only 1 turbo listed for the L3C19-T engine. P/N 40265779. If there is more information out there than what I have, I would surely love to know about it.

Screenshot_20190206-204114_Drive.jpg

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #15  
Where do you get the info about a bigger turbo on the 50 & 55hp models? I am looking at the parts manual for the XR4100 series and I see only 1 turbo listed for the L3C19-T engine. P/N 40265779. If there is more information out there than what I have, I would surely love to know about it.

Exactly, the motor parts are the same. On the Boomer I found one difference - the air cleaner changes at 45 and above.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #16  
As far as breaking the code. Bullydog sells a tuner for diesel trucks. They have now been fined by the EPA and told to fix all the trucks due to EPA regs. I think it would be ok to just upgrade the hp as long as it still meet the EPA limits. I think the reason they charge for the most horsepower is to help cover the warranty on the stress put on the other parts. But I would love for an engineer at LS tell me that there are no other changes.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #17  
I will be working on cracking that code as soon as I have time, which might be quite a while.

View attachment 590646

Oh I dont remember. I think I heard my dealer telling me that or something? Or I read it somewhere once? Or maybe I dreamed it? I dont know.

Dont mean to cause confusion, just made sense when I 'learned' it and I never questioned it.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #18  
When I bought my LS, the same engine was used for the 70-90HP. The 70 HP was naturally aspirated, the 80 HP added a Turbo and then the 90Hp added an intercooler to the turbo to get the additional 10HP. I would guess that something along those lines would be happening with the smaller frame tractor using the same engine.

There is a limit to how much you can get from engines by just turning up the injector pump, you have to get additional air into it to burn the fuel and an intercooler pumps in cooler air to get additional boost when compressed. You may even need larger intake valves in the engines which still may look like the same model number as the smaller HP models.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #20  
Well, that is a bit more than just a tune. But I get the point!

That was neat. Kinda makes me wanna get a diesel pickup and play with it. :D