Buying Advice New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #11  
It's $30,214 base on the site, vs $32,714 for the standard edition. I'm guessing the bulk of the savings is in the cruise control delete.
The go pedal on the Grands is electronic, as is the servo controlled HST. The only thing you need for cruise control is the switch & some code that's already written.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #12  
The go pedal on the Grands is electronic, as is the servo controlled HST. The only thing you need for cruise control is the switch & some code that's already written.

Nope. Talked to a dealer about the Limited edition today. It's a completely different trans.

No antistall
No throttle link
No auto HDS
No Mid PTO
No Cruise Control

He didn't know if the loader rev up button thingy would be there, but he didn't think so. He described it as a mechanical HST, similar to what the standard L machines have. If I understood correctly you'd still have HST+ purely through the lever.

I don't know if this is a clean sheet design or Kubota finding a bunch of old parts in a warehouse somewhere, but it's very much not the same transmission as the existing model.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions
Oh man, if that’s true that’s disappointing. I’ll stick with the standard version for the extra $2500.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #14  
I dunno if it's the end of the world, although I don't know if I'd call it HST+ at that point.

With that said the High/Low on the fly is still the most useful feature of HST+ for me so if that's still there it seems like a decent compromise.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #15  
I dunno if it's the end of the world, although I don't know if I'd call it HST+ at that point.

With that said the High/Low on the fly is still the most useful feature of HST+ for me so if that's still there it seems like a decent compromise.
I concur. The HST on John Deeres I looked at was a bit smoother than Kubota. They had a nice dedicated knob to adjust the HST sensitivity too, unlike Kubota using 1 button for a million dash functions. 2 speed HST+ means so much less range shifting. More than anything else HST+ kept me Kubota when I upgraded from the L3200 to a cabbed machine (L4060HSTC as it turned out after a lot of shopping & test drives).

A quick look at the Kubota webpage still called it HST+ & didnt indicate any notable differences. I'm curious to hear what is the truth.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #16  
Since the new-to-me L4240 HSTC has only been here for a month or so, I'm still getting familiar with it. The appealing features so far are the HST+ and the choice of manually setting the RPM's or having the engine speed associated with the Go Pedal while pushing snow. Going between the two ranges with a tap of the lever has been nice for going up and down hills and some snow removal.

There are a few things I wouldn't miss. I've had cruise control before and very rarely used it. Auto HDS and anti-stall doesn't do much for me. So far, Iv'e never been interested in anything that runs off a mid PTO.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #17  
Nope. Talked to a dealer about the Limited edition today. It's a completely different trans.

No antistall
No throttle link
No auto HDS
No Mid PTO
No Cruise Control

He didn't know if the loader rev up button thingy would be there, but he didn't think so. He described it as a mechanical HST, similar to what the standard L machines have. If I understood correctly you'd still have HST+ purely through the lever.

I don't know if this is a clean sheet design or Kubota finding a bunch of old parts in a warehouse somewhere, but it's very much not the same transmission as the existing model.

That's not what the factory rep told us at the recent NC farm show. No mirrors, no cruise, no right side step and no cab work lights. I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble of building a completely different transmission for the model.

Official brochure for the L3560 Limited Edition
https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defa...l3560hstc-le-literature.pdf?sfvrsn=68efb361_2

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #18  
That's not what the factory rep told us at the recent NC farm show. No mirrors, no cruise, no right side step and no cab work lights. I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble of building a completely different transmission for the model.

Official brochure for the L3560 Limited Edition
https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defa...l3560hstc-le-literature.pdf?sfvrsn=68efb361_2

I hope the dealer I talked to was misinformed. Because I don't think the 2500 price deduct is enough if everything he said was true.

Can Messicks clarify? (how do you tag a member on this forum?)

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #19  
I hope the dealer I talked to was misinformed. Because I don't think the 2500 price deduct is enough if everything he said was true.

Can Messicks clarify? (how do you tag a member on this forum?)

Somewhere online I saw a chart of what's on the regular L3560 and exactly what's been left off the LE but I can't find now. I searched for 20 minutes last night trying to find it.

/ New L3560 Limited and Standard Versions #20  
Talked to another dealer, and they said much the same as the rep told you, Grateful. Step, CC, and work lights. Right now I'm trying to find out if it's possible to add the lights back in easily and trying to work out a test drive.

I'm seriously considering upgrading. I have several reasons, front work lights are a big one. Rear work lights, heat/ac, hip level fueling, better loader, hp to weight, tNt, and a few more. Plugged some numbers and trading in the L3301 gets me basically the same payment if I throw in a bit of dosh.

Only question is if I can stomach extending out my payments a few more years.

And if I can survive wanting a little machine for garden duty even more than I do now.

This is how tractor hoarding starts, isn't it?