Your thoughts on this framing job

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #11  
Why are the vertical wall supports all spliced, some in more than one place?

Is the result what's known as racking? I've heard that term used where horizontal wall purlins are cut and fitted between the studs rather than spanning across them

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #12  
My question is why are they building on a patio
It wasn't made to have something built on it
You have no idea How thick that concrete is
So now you're putting all the weight of a building on it
It doesn't seem smart,, is rebar in their .. Was the grown properly conditioned for a building on.
Looks like a whole kind of fail all around
of course it could be new concrete I'm just assuming it's old because I see The round circle which looks like a tree in it. Then again Color up the dirt Just outside The concrete does look Recently disturbed So it could all be new engineered Concrete And that they just Wanted The patio connected to the house

I thought that when you built something you had to have reinforcement Underneath the wall No idea how you do it down there,, We have all the freeze and thaw cycles up here so building like that would never work Without cracking in leading to all kinds of problems.
Just an observation I could be way off base But you asked for opinions

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #13  
Why are the vertical wall supports all spliced, some in more than one place?

Is the result what's known as racking? I've heard that term used where horizontal wall purlins are cut and fitted between the studs rather than spanning across them

Good qestion! I missed those joints in the photo.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #14  
As shown, there is no lateral strength (and minimal vertical support). I suppose if it was completely sheathed in plywood it might of been OK but I don't think it would fit into a code. It would probably need a specific engineering calculation to meet code.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job
I dont.know about the concrete. I hope it's right. I see a seam at the door that makes me hope its correct. With the catastrophic failure of the framing, everything should be checked. The house is outside city limits, so there is no permit required, which means that there is no code.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #16  
I dont.know about the concrete. I hope it's right. I see a seam at the door that makes me hope its correct. With the catastrophic failure of the framing, everything should be checked. The house is outside city limits, so there is no permit required, which means that there is no code.

You dodged a big bullet on that one. That would have sucked all your time redoing it, especially if you did it and it also fell flat like it did. Lucky!!

/ Your thoughts on this framing job
I'm hoping that they fire the contractor that did the framing. I asked if they had an engineer design it, but haven't heard back from them. I k ow that they didnt and I'm guessing that they just trusted their contractor in knowing what he was doing.

Here in Tyler, 100% of every house that I've seen with foundation problems have actually been roof framing issues. Undersized lumber is almost always the issue. But AC ducting and plumbers have caused a lot of issues by cutting out what was in their way.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #18  
no bracing, (even temporary), and the use of a form of westen platform framing, and not ballon (or continuous from floor to top sill),

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #19  
The end wall had three braces that can be seen in the pic. I'd assume that many more out of view. Maybe duplicated at the other end?

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #20  
Eddie,

Like was said before when the front went through the Metroplex there were short periods of sustained winds of 50-60 mph with gusts to 80 mph. The Grand Prairie airport tower clocked a gust at 108 mph at the top of the tower. That's tropical storm, Cat 1 hurricane, or EF0 to EF1 tornado wind speeds. The National Weather Service has a chat room for emergency management and we saw many documented reports of straight line wind damage. That damage would be consistent with the reports. Several 18 wheelers, airplanes, and modular homes were blown over along with building damage, such as the hanger doors blown in on the planes at Grand Prairie.

From the north side of the Metroplex to the Oklahoma line had the more intense weather. By the time it got to us it had fizzled out.