Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you
Re: Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

Yes I posted several threads so that I could inform as many people as possible. If that's wrong, I am wrong. But I don't want anybody else to get stuck with $5745.10 worth of parts and 2K of labor on a tractor. I owned a Kioti 40 horse for over 12 years and never ever put any money into repairing it. It just ran and ran. I see this as a design defect a big design defect and I think the parts cost is so out of line that I consider it gouging. But you of course can have any opinion you like. I just don't want you or anyone else to be stuck with a bill like this.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #22  
Re: You need to be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

What is your purchase date? Did you buy this tractor new?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #23  

Yes I posted several threads so that I could inform as many people as possible. If that's wrong, I am wrong. But I don't want anybody else to get stuck with $5745.10 worth of parts and 2K of labor on a tractor. I owned a Kioti 40 horse for over 12 years and never ever put any money into repairing it. It just ran and ran. I see this as a design defect a big design defect and I think the parts cost is so out of line that I consider it gouging. But you of course can have any opinion you like. I just don't want you or anyone else to be stuck with a bill like this.

Are you saying that water in the fuel caused irreparable damage to the injector pump and injectors?
And saying that Mahindra failed to provide sufficient filtration for the fuel system to keep such events from occurring?

And that Mahindra charges too much for replacement parts?
And that you are not willing to accept any replacement options except genuine new Mahindra parts?
And that you feel the cost of repairs is too much?

May I ask...... Who put the contaminated fuel in the tank? How much additional "designed filtration" would be acceptable to correct the defect?

It sounds like the defect issue is worth paying attention to for all those who have Mahindra tractors.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #24  

rancher . . . sounds like you bought a older tractor with very low hours but must of had some problems from the get go, sat for some time (with those hours it sat) who knows . . . cut your losses and fix it or . . .

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #25  

OP could have bought a Deere if Mahindra parts cost too much. :rolleyes: I'm struggling to imagine all four injectors and the pump just dying all at once, needing replacement and without warning.

In a related post I wonder if 'cannot be used' means 'not in turn-key condition' vs FUBAR. Let's help this member save some $$ and get 'er going.

'Mister Funnel' (now at TSC, too) is messy to use, but stops water during fuel transfer. Many steps to be sure this doesn't happen again.

What is your purchase date? Did you buy this tractor new?

I bought it new. I believe it was 2013 or very late 2012 and it had a five year warranty then. And that's fine. But other manufacturers face the same thing and they handle it fine. I only use Shell diesel in it because it was my special machine. I owned a Kioti 40 horse that I traded in on it for around 12 years and never ever did anything happen to it. I am concerned about the labor at my Tucson dealer - $135 / hour and they don't even have the equipment to diagnose the problem, they disassembled it and sent out the parts for inspection. They want over $1,000 for a rebuilt fuel injector and they want almost 2K for the four injectors and 2K for labor. The fuel injector pump is $3811.90 new. My purpose here is to warn people about the cost - far more than Kubota (I own a Kubota and called my sales person) ~ about 3 or 4 times I think. So I feel that Mahindra should come up and help us especially since I still owe them over a year's payments. But everyone always has their own opinion especially when they don't have to pay out of their pocket for it so I am being criticized. Those people can criticize all they want but if I can save one person from having to have this same experience, I will feel success.

rancher . . . sounds like you bought a older tractor with very low hours but must of had some problems from the get go, sat for some time (with those hours it sat) who knows . . . cut your losses and fix it or . . .

I bought the Kioti brand new. I bought the Mahindra 5035 brand new. I have put less than 60 hours on it, on the meter since I bought it in late 2012 or early 2013. I have used the tractor for eight hours straight one day and it added less than an hour to the meter.

THIS TRACTOR, MY MAHINDRA 5035 I BOUGHT NEW. N E W!!!!!!!

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #28  

My fuel tanks are plumbing into a 5 micron filter with a water drain on the bottom to lessen the chance any water in my fuels.
(That small white object in the feed lines)

enhance

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #29  

Bottom line is poor quality fuel in the tank is not the manufacturers fault or responsibility. Contamination, especially in the form of algae can and will get past filters and ruin fuel system components. 60 hours of run time in 7 years is a recipe for disaster and that is exactly what you have.
Is there not a fuel injection shop in your area that can repair the pump and rebuild the injectors? Very, very few dealers of any brand do this specialized work. Criticizing your dealer for not being equipped to make repairs to injection pumps and injectors is an unfair and uninformed criticism.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #30  

That is just too cool Andy . . . :thumbsup: