Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #41  
Re: Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

And to the op, like others mentioned try to get a part number for the pump and injectors so you can cross-reference them. For example, my ASV track machine is built in Minnesota but uses a Cat / Perkins branded engine which is actually built by Mitsubishi, uses a Denso injector pump and Delphi injectors. I've also believe my hydraulic pumps are Bosch and my hydraulic track motors are by Eaton

Point is, not only is it likely that Mahendra didn't actually build your fuel pump, but you may be wrong blaming the entity for your injector pump and injector failure.

I have no love for Mahindra and I most likely would not buy one myself ... But again, try to be a little more pragmatic when trying to solve this problem instead of just complaining.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #42  
Re: You need to be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

Great opinion. However, my Kubota dealer can do it. My Kioti ran for 12+ years and it only had 160 hours on it. But, thanks for your kind thoughts.

Your Kubota dealer is in an unusual position if that is true. Truthfully I suspect he is not, but it makes no difference either way.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #43  
Be very careful, Mahindra doesn't seem to be able tp extract water from the diesel

No manufacturer is obligated to warranty a fuel system if water or other contaminants are introduced. Some might out of the goodness of their heart, most probably won’t. I personally wouldn’t even consider fighting an issue like this if I put crap fuel in, that’s on me...

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #44  
Re: Be very careful, Mahindra doesn't seem to be able tp extract water from the diese

I think to make a claim like that, there need to be more details. I have never heard of a water extraction system. There are filters which allow the water to settle to the bottom and then you must periodically drain them. No, not all diesels have them.

And yes it should be an eye opener to some. Yes you can buy equipment zero down and low monthly payments, but virtually ALL equipment repairs are going to be costly! Nothing is hundreds of dollars but usually thousands.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #45  
When I replaced injectors and the pump on my Dmax truck I thought that was a gouging, but wow, you really got the shaft. If it was design error, it may happen again in 60 more hours. I would unload it now.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #46  

@ 10 hrs per year of use, fuel is bound to accumulate moisture. did you use any moisture removing additives during all those stationary hrs/yrs? sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. so your engine has no sediment/moisture bowl? what is the filter setup? best regards

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #47  

Reading these tales makes me glad I have chosen to battle with through with my Kubota M4500 and its 55h PTO which I bought for $8500 and will do every repair on it myself....

What the heck is the price of a crate engine for your tractor ? If just the fuel system is $7k+ ? More than likely the injectors are not destroyed, just full of debris from the HP injector pump. They will probably just get disassembled, cleaned and re-assembled. I would seriously investigate the price of a complete fully dressed motor which should have a brand new full warranty. Then sell it when the job is done and get something you will have confidence in.

Man, I thought the 6.4L v8 from Navistar in my F250 was the ultimate ripoff, but looks like this Indian company have taken it to another level. I'm pretty sure I could get my motor rebuilt for $7k....

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #48  

Why do you even own a tractor if you dont use it?

I only use each of my 3 tractors about 10 hours per year.
Should I not own them?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #49  
I own a JD 1070 and once put in some water clogged algae filled fuel from my old furnace tank. The regular filters stopped all the water and crud. Once the tank got flushed I was 100% back to normal. Now I only buy off-road (no tax) diesel fuel(red dye) in 5 gallon containers so I'm always using 'fresh' fuel in my tractor and f-935 diesel mower. The 935 has a water separator, the 1070 does not.

Bottom line is that my tractor was never at fault. What makes you believe that the manufacturer is at fault for your mistake ? Do you watch what you put into your fuel tank(s)? Just because my dog will lick or eat something doesn't mean I will... Maybe it's the gubmints fault, eh ?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #50  

The thinking that buying one brand of fuel will gurantee you the same product is totally false. Here anyway. I talked to a tank truck driver and he picks up at various racks and delivers to various stations and it's anyones guess who is going to get what fuel. Name means nothing! The marketing is just BS!