Mud Daubers, they got me again!!!

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #11  
Reminds me to check all my fire extinguishers.

Do they always build right on the exit or do they do work, like partway up a hose?

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!!
The plane crashes really shocked me. I didn't know about the mud daubers being responsible!!!

You guys reminded me of an air hose that I had to through away because of mud daubers plugging it up. They got the dirt so far into the hose that I couldn't get it out no matter what I did, and while working on it, I destroyed the hose. Now all my air hoses are connected together so nothing can get into them.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #13  
Don't leave any propane lines open, either. I had a roll of copper tubing hanging in my shed and they plugged it up solid.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #14  
I always bag the exhaust on any equipment in storage, like a generator or tractor. Dauber nests can really plug the exhaust port.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #16  
I always bag the exhaust on any equipment in storage, like a generator or tractor. Dauber nests can really plug the exhaust port.

Yep. If there's a potential hole for them to build a nest, I've learnt over the years to either put a cap in/on it or bag it.

Water hoses, exhausts of infrequently used tools/compressor/wood-chipper and the spout of my diesel fuel nozzle.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #17  
Rid the world of excess spiders. The adults built the nest, lay eggs in the bottom, then pack the rest of the tube with spiders to feed the larva of the eggs when they hatch. I get the need for them, but DANG why do the have to plug up every little hole they can find? Leave an air tool out...they will plug up a 1/4" connector solid. Plug up the ground holes in extension cords so you can't plug something in with a ground pin until you clean out the grounding hole in the cord end !

I used to hate them, too...but then when cleaning up an outside bench, broke open a couple of their tubes...8 black widow spider corpses. Now I leave them alone, and even "liberate" them out the window, if they get into the house. I've been stung by about all the other wasps, bees and hornets around here, but never a mud dauber.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #18  
Geez, YLee Kioti and wngsprd, I sure didn't know the daubers had a good purpose. With all the good they do, it seems they'd be a little more considerate by not plugging up our equipment. A Keyhole! Gimme a break!!!
I thought I had them bad when I had to start putting corks in the ends of my power washer hose and washer. They'll pack those solid within days.
But, the info from you and wngsprd, I guess I'll just be a little more tolerant.

Perhaps all things have some good in this world. We just have to look a little harder, or learn a little more, to appreciate it.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #19  
Every time I use the tractor - I check to see that the little cover slides closed on the key hole. I even lube the key slot with dry graphite powder. The daubers only seem to plug the first couple inches on any hanging hose I have. Whack the hose on something hard - all the dirt comes flying out. Plus the eggs they have deposited.

They plugged the exhaust port on my Stihl weed wacker. PITA cleaning that out. From now on it will be a Zip Lock baggie on the exhaust.

/ Mud Daubers, they got me again!!! #20  
You call them daubers, we call them mud wasps. Yep, we have them here and I hate the little sods. Always plugging up my compressor fittings and any darn thing with a hole in it. I had trouble with my ride-on mower today and knew exactly what it was. It took a good bit of running to clear out the muffler. Must have been a real big nest. I build model planes and often find mud nests inside them. Amazing how far they can poke mud in the tiniest holes. Electric drill bit clears some of them.