V519 Compact Telehandler

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #141  
I was clearing with my grapple today. I made a big pile at the top of a steep hill. I pushed the large pile down the hill in 3 different passes. The hill is steep enough that the V519 had to work to reverse back up the hill.

After the 3 passes, I went to grab some more brush. I clamped down the claws and turned around to look behind me as I put it in reverse. I heard/felt the grapple open back up. Thinking that I must of opened it up by some sort of autopilot reflex glitch (had other things on my mind), I clamped it back down again. Sure enough, it automatically opened back up again. I looked at my aux hydraulic button and the 2nd light was on (never seen it on before). I turned the aux off and back on and it worked fine again. Anybody know what that 2nd light is and what sort of gremlins I might be up against here? I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler
That 2nd light should be explained in the operators manual. It is different than my V417, so my service manual is no help.

bobcat-v519-joystick-t6k3098-16k2-fc_lb_full.jpg

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #143  
What did the dealer say?
On mine, I think if I push the aux hydraulics button once to turn it on, for my bush hog, it only turns in one direction (pulling the aux lever towards me). If I push the button a second time, then it can turn the other way (pushing the lever away from me) I don't remember what happens if you push it a third time, but I think that turns aux hydraulics off again.

Bob

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #144  
Sorry I was gone so long. It was a false alarm. Turned out I accidentally tapped the trigger on the front of the joystick while I was opening the claws, raising the boom, and putting it in reverse at the same time. Tapping the trigger kept the opening action going. Operator error!

Thanks for the update.

The 2nd light must be continuous flow.

Need some updates please. Sure would like to see this thread keep going.

Any new V519 owners watching this thread? If so please join in.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #147  
Well - as you know Xfaxman. I went to the local Bobcat dealer today. They only had a V723 on the lot. Lordy - what a machine. Maybe I'll win the lotto. I have the V519/V723 brochure here on the kitchen table. Had to turn it over - the cover photo gives me wild dreams.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #148  
20190204_084428.jpg20190204_084428.jpg

Mine is still going strong. I take it out to stretch its legs every now and then...

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #149  
Still using mine. Latest big use was Bush-hogging 7 acres with it in about half a day... many times faster than I could have done it with my tractor. Use it for little things all the time (like hauling water to the sheep in the back pasture.) Next big project will be this fall. Having 20 acres clear cut. Will be using it to stump it and keep the brush down as we get grass started.

Good updates, thanks.

Keep it going for future info searchers.