Brain Tumor

/ Brain Tumor #51  
My vision has been slowly deteriorating for the past five years or so. 6 months ago, I noticed my peripheral vision was blurry and beginning to close in. Went to my MD for a check up and physical and he said my eye lenses were clear. A week later I went to my traveling eye folks for an exam and they said I had cataracts forming. The Wife made me go see a real Ophthalmologist/MD that immediately sent me for an MRI. His hunch was correct that I had a pituitary tumor that was pressing down on my optic nerves and distorting my vision. A good Doctor is hard to find.

For me, it manifested itself in the form of seizures. I have had seizures since I was 16 years old or so, and am now 45. Medication helped, but in the end, it was finally treating the tumor that stopped the seizures. I am no longer of medication for them, because I found the root cause.

/ Brain Tumor #52  
Broken Track,Very admirable. I admire your guts and tenacity and your wife's fortitude. Easy to be bitter, I would think.

Medical stuff is hard, because it is easy to think, "oh I have this too, this is what it will be like for you." I try not to be that way because what you experience will most likely be different than what I experience. Still, when I read what you are going through, I wanted you to know that some of us have been there. That can be reassuring sometimes.

I am in no way saying you will have to face this, but for me, I went from going to Drs weekly in hopes of finding a cure, to now realizing, it is just something I have to live with. I am a slow learner, so it took me three years to make that discovery. Sure, for most there is surgical options, for now, there isn't with me. I am not bitter about it, God could chose to cure it if he wishes, but for right now that is not his choice. So I accept it, and hope to help others.

/ Brain Tumor #53  
Doofy, how are things going? Godspeed to you. Been thinking of you.

/ Brain Tumor #54  
Doofy - I've added you to my church's prayer chain so you now have more people praying for you.

By the way, for those of you who attend church regularly, get Doofy added to your church's list of people to pray for. You do not need to give any names, just "a friend of mine" for I consider all who are on this forum a friend. Friends are people who help others and this forum is definately that.
Amen

/ Brain Tumor #55  
Doofy, how are things going? Godspeed to you. Been thinking of you.
Doofy - Keep us informed as to how things are going. People really do care.

/ Brain Tumor #56  
A person in good health has absolutely nothing to complain about. Of all my treasures I thank God most for my good health.

/ Brain Tumor #57  
A person in good health has absolutely nothing to complain about. Of all my treasures I thank God most for my good health.

Same here, without good health everything else means nothing..

/ Brain Tumor #58  
Doofy is probably taking care of himself first right now, I am sure he will get back to us soon. Meanwhile we will keep up our thoughts and prayers. :thumbsup:

/ Brain Tumor #59  
Same here, without good health everything else means nothing..

Absolutely. Best wishes and thoughts to Doofy (and others).

/ Brain Tumor
Thanks for the Prayers and Well Wishes as they are much appreciated. Just returned from meeting with the Neurosurgeon and ENT Doctors. Looking at the MRI, the tumor is humongous and the pituitary gland is completely hidden. Had a CAT Scan yesterday and will have a EKG locally, tomorrow. Then we wait for the date.

I am optimistic and praying for a super outcome too. Evidently, this is a common surgery and my Dr's are experienced. If things look iffy, they will medivac me to the experts that only do this particular surgery.