I can't believe they did it (part deux)

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #12  
To me, this is the scariest part....

"But he made a mistake in calculating the interest owed, resulting in another underpayment of $8.41."

The guy lost his property, not because he didn't pay a bill, but because he made a calculation error on the amount to pay! The interesting part will be whether the court does what is right, which will likely kill the state financially, or if they rule for the state just to keep the state alive. The state is making tons of money from this and has spend all of this immoral money over the last several years.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #13  
To me, this is the scariest part....

"But he made a mistake in calculating the interest owed, resulting in another underpayment of $8.41."

The guy lost his property, not because he didn't pay a bill, but because he made a calculation error on the amount to pay! The interesting part will be whether the court does what is right, which will likely kill the state financially, or if they rule for the state just to keep the state alive. The state is making tons of money from this and has spend all of this immoral money over the last several years.

The STATE is not making money from this. The 83 local county jurisdictions are making the money off of this. According to the articles, he underpaid and the local county received $26k (-$8.41) which they kept for themselves, but the house has been abandoned and is in a shambles and isn't on the tax rolls, which will end up losing the county MORE than what they stole from this poor man.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #14  
Why do you call it fake news?

The headline is just click bate. Big mean government harms little old man.
There has got to be more to the story that someone isn't fessing up to.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #15  
Saw a thing last night on the ten most corrupt cities in the US. Kind of an eye opener. No public official in Canada ever seems to go to jail in Canada for their many, many misdeeds.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #16  
The headline is just click bate. Big mean government harms little old man.
There has got to be more to the story that someone isn't fessing up to.

You're a part of what's wrong IMO in today's society. Do some work on your own and don't expect people to hand it to you.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #17  
You're a part of what's wrong IMO in today's society. Do some work on your own and don't expect people to hand it to you.

Thanks for the advise.
Bless you my friend.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #18  
Thanks for the advise.
Bless you my friend.

No worries.

No different than someone telling you that you are wrong for a statement you made as factual, and you taking the time to actually researc it to find out why.

In NC we say "Bless your heart" not "Bless you my friend".

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #19  
I thought the latter is mostly said after someone gives you money.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #20  
Yeah, as long as you pay the kings ransom you are free to keep the land you paid for. As long as you pay the kings ransom, you are allowed to fish in the king's lakes and rivers. I could keep going, but you get the idea

Loud and clear. Freedom has a price tag.