I can't believe they did it (part deux)

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #21  
The headline is just click bate. Big mean government harms little old man.
There has got to be more to the story that someone isn't fessing up to.

'Bait'

But there really isn't. It's a state law that while well intentioned, appears to have been misused by some counties. Reading the article or doing a bit of searching on the topic explains further.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #22  

The only thing wrong here is an bunch of crooked politicians are getting away with stealing from people to benafit thier tax rolls. Sadly we aren’t allowed to tar and feather them which should send the proper message and start all laws like this on the way to repeal.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #23  
No worries.

No different than someone telling you that you are wrong for a statement you made as factual, and you taking the time to actually researc it to find out why.

In NC we say "Bless your heart" not "Bless you my friend".

And once again, you are such an Oscar Tango.

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #24  
Thanks for the advise.
Bless you my friend.

One of my Dad's most used sayings. "Wrestle with a pig and all you get is muddy, and the pig enjoys it". Sigarms loves these discussions. Pretty soon he'll interject LEOs, guns and dogs. :)

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #25  

Did you read the entire story and follow up on any of the other instances of the same thing happening to many other people in Michigan? I live just across the border from one of the cases they refer to in Cass County. It's real. It happens. You threw out fake news to a factual, true story. :rolleyes:

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #26  
Did you read the entire story and follow up on any of the other instances of the same thing happening to many other people in Michigan? I live just across the border from one of the cases they refer to in Cass County. It's real. It happens. You threw out fake news to a factual, true story. :rolleyes:

Seems to be a lot of that going around today. It starts at the top...

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #27  
"Just Compensation Clause

While the federal government has a constitutional right to "take" private property for public use, the Fifth Amendment's Just Compensation Clause requires the government to pay just compensation, interpreted as market value, to the owner of the property, valued at the time of the takings. The U.S. Supreme Court has defined fair market value as the most probable price that a willing but unpressured buyer, fully knowledgeable of both the property's good and bad attributes, would pay. The government does not have to pay a property owner's attorney's fees, however, unless a statute so provides." property taxes are for public use, so taking a property for not paying property taxes, this amendment applies. they have to provide just compensation..

/ I can't believe they did it (part deux) #28  
property taxes are for public use,

Property Tax = Wealth Tax. Which scares me that the lefties will say we always had a wealth tax and roll your non-property investments into it.