Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers?

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #11  
aaaaawww, yea... They are called "power adjust", and it was an AC invention...

BTW, I've owned them...

SR

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #12  
This was my grandfather's tractor, I vaguely remember it. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture.

I'd buy it back if I knew what model to look for.

View attachment 638975
Is there a chance that one of the other kids in the photo will have more information on the tractor or pictures showing more of it? I'm guessing you're one of them and are related to the rest.
If you ever find out what model it is, please let us know the answer. I'd like to know what it is.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #13  
I was thinking the C's had a wide bench type seat, where as the CA's had a pan type seat. But as mentioned above, that may have been an option.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers?
It was definitely the pan seat, not a bench. Thank you for that detail!

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #15  
ac.jpg

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #16  
bcp, why did you show the close up of the steering linkage?

a c.PNG

ac.PNG

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #17  
I was thinking the C's had a wide bench type seat, where as the CA's had a pan type seat. But as mentioned above, that may have been an option.

Actually the wide bench could also be a B, as some C's had the same wide tractor seat, although a lot of people put "improved" seats on them sold by Monroe. I have B's and C's with the shock cushioned seat.

David from jax

Last edited:
   / Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #18  
This was my grandfather's tractor, I vaguely remember it. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture.

I'd buy it back if I knew what model to look for.

View attachment 638975

There is not a doubt in my mind that this is a CA or later tractor. The two items that make this true are the Power Shift wheels, which first came out on the CA and also the traction booster gauge attached to the side of the steering shaft. That also became available with the CA and later tractors.
If you know what year the picture was taken, it might narrow down the possibilities of what the tractor actually is, but my guess is it is a CA.
I just sold off what was left of my entire collection, which included about a dozen CA tractors. Most are still out back while the new owner works out transportation.
David from jax

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #19  
bcp, why did you show the close up of the steering linkage?

I just lightened it as there might be something unseen in the OP picture that would help identify the tractor.

Bruce

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers?
Thank you David and Bruce!

Funny store about my grandfather's "CA." In the 1950s my grandparents were saving up money to add a bathroom and running water to the house, they were still using an outdoor privy and hand pump to draw well water.

Well, my grandfather had his own ideas and took the bathroom money to buy this CA instead.....My grandmother was very displeased!