Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option?

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option?

So there are two logistical points that have kept me from pursuing this option, and I have considered it more than once.

1. Turning around at the end of the driveway. I live on a fairly darn busy road and I would not be comfortable pulling into the road with a grader to spin around. Even doing this with my tractor is nerve wracking as loaded dump trucks come by at 60mph almost constantly. Where the driveway meets the road, is not really my property but a 20’ easement. Therefore, adding a gravel turn-around is not an option.

2. Since I got the skid steer, the tractor has only been used for driveway maintenance. I am having a hard time justifying owning it for that sole purpose. Most likely I will be selling it and condensing my equipment a bit. Again, adding a grader for that sole reason seems counterintuitive. Another piece of machinery to shed and maintain and repair. Might as well keep the tractor at that point, which is opposite my current plan.

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #12  
Here is one with a tilt cylinder for the crown:

Roadrunner-555.jpg
Roadrunner-555-left.jpg

It is on my wish list :).

And this one for 3 point or SSQA:

IMG_1928 600.JPG
skid-steer-01_1.jpg

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option?
I really like those! I need to consider converting my BushHog LPGS into a SSQA unit like that last picture.

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #14  
That one in the last pic looks like a nice simple design. With some removable shim blocks you could prob make it crown the road.

Something as simple as a back blade to originally crown the road would be a cheap option.

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #16  
I really like those! I need to consider converting my BushHog LPGS into a SSQA unit like that last picture.
Yep, I need to make one for my box blade so I can also turn it around:

P4230005.JPG
P4230002.JPG

Like the one on the TORO+Loader:

P8040005.JPG
P8290010.JPG

Or forward:

P2020004.JPG
P2020013.JPG

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #17  
xfaxman....you have all sorts of cool stuff to play with......er.....I mean WORK with. :thumbsup:

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #19  
Just now discovered that Roadrunner also makes a combination unit:

RR Combo.JPG

/ Gravel driveway maintenance - best SKIDSTEER option? #20  
I have a hard time imagining that thing to be effective over something with castor wheels. To my way of understanding, you look at the age old grader design. You want your mould board supported by the ground as far away as possible.

If you can that thing off a laser, totaly different thinking and would work well.