Where is OSHA when you need them...

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #11  
Then he asks the big guy to get a different screwdriver.

Bruce

'As God is my witness, I thought ladders could fly'.

tumblr_nfphu4IPp11r9a32bo1_500.png

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #12  
Never mind the three clowns, who is to say that the ledge would hold up!

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #13  
Would it be safer if they put the ladder on the ground below? At least this is level and not wobbly.

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #14  
Would it be safer if they put the ladder on the ground below? At least this is level and not wobbly.

Would take a much longer ladder.

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #15  
Depends on the construction company. On a lot of jobs today, violating safety rules will get you thrown off the site immediately.

I just had to do that. Framer's were working off stacked drywall buckets on top of a Baker scaffold. I told them no, they called their boss, who called me and asked what the big deal was. I told him if I had to explain it to him I would find another framer.

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #16  
I just had to do that. Framer's were working off stacked drywall buckets on top of a Baker scaffold. I told them no, they called their boss, who called me and asked what the big deal was. I told him if I had to explain it to him I would find another framer.

What happened to the days when framers would quickly build their own scaffolding/staging with lumber?

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #17  
We had our roof redone after hail damage. I was home and heard all the compressors go silent and no movement in the roof. I went outside to see why and there was an OSHA rep talking with the supervisor. No harnesses and no tie off ropes.

Before they started that morning I was joking with the supervisor that no way would I be on that roof as steep as it was.

I never asked the cost of the fine but I am sure it was substantial.

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #18  
We had our roof redone after hail damage. I was home and heard all the compressors go silent and no movement in the roof. I went outside to see why and there was an OSHA rep talking with the supervisor. No harnesses and no tie off ropes.

Before they started that morning I was joking with the supervisor that no way would I be on that roof as steep as it was.

I never asked the cost of the fine but I am sure it was substantial.

I had to do some work on a 10/12 roof. I wore a harness for that but for a lesser slope like 6/12 or less I don’t. One mistake I see people making is sticking the ladder barley above the roof. It’s much easier to get back on if it sticks up several feet. There is an osha code on that. I think it’s like 42”.

/ Where is OSHA when you need them... #19  
I almost can't for the life of me get back on a ladder at the edge of a roof if it isn't sticking up a good bit.