Where is OSHA when you need them...

Diggin It

Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Then he asks the big guy to get a different screwdriver.

Bruce

'As God is my witness, I thought ladders could fly'.

tumblr_nfphu4IPp11r9a32bo1_500.png

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200 Deere X380 Kubota RTV-X
Never mind the three clowns, who is to say that the ledge would hold up!

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
Would it be safer if they put the ladder on the ground below? At least this is level and not wobbly.

kthompson

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubotas B2710, M6800, L6060 cab, Volvo EC excavator, 2 ZTRs and various implements.
Would it be safer if they put the ladder on the ground below? At least this is level and not wobbly.

Would take a much longer ladder.

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, ZD 331, L3301, 1140 RTV, MX5100, KX 71
Depends on the construction company. On a lot of jobs today, violating safety rules will get you thrown off the site immediately.

I just had to do that. Framer's were working off stacked drywall buckets on top of a Baker scaffold. I told them no, they called their boss, who called me and asked what the big deal was. I told him if I had to explain it to him I would find another framer.

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200 Deere X380 Kubota RTV-X
I just had to do that. Framer's were working off stacked drywall buckets on top of a Baker scaffold. I told them no, they called their boss, who called me and asked what the big deal was. I told him if I had to explain it to him I would find another framer.

What happened to the days when framers would quickly build their own scaffolding/staging with lumber?

Citydude

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 HSTC
We had our roof redone after hail damage. I was home and heard all the compressors go silent and no movement in the roof. I went outside to see why and there was an OSHA rep talking with the supervisor. No harnesses and no tie off ropes.

Before they started that morning I was joking with the supervisor that no way would I be on that roof as steep as it was.

I never asked the cost of the fine but I am sure it was substantial.

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
We had our roof redone after hail damage. I was home and heard all the compressors go silent and no movement in the roof. I went outside to see why and there was an OSHA rep talking with the supervisor. No harnesses and no tie off ropes.

Before they started that morning I was joking with the supervisor that no way would I be on that roof as steep as it was.

I never asked the cost of the fine but I am sure it was substantial.

I had to do some work on a 10/12 roof. I wore a harness for that but for a lesser slope like 6/12 or less I don’t. One mistake I see people making is sticking the ladder barley above the roof. It’s much easier to get back on if it sticks up several feet. There is an osha code on that. I think it’s like 42”.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I almost can't for the life of me get back on a ladder at the edge of a roof if it isn't sticking up a good bit.