What NOT to do on your property![emoji849]

/ What NOT to do on your property! #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I had to replace fence on property I bought, fence was 45 years old, woven wire, wooden post every 50ft with 4 T posts between. I just cut wire every wood post, wound rusty wire with barbed wire up throwing into a ditch thinking I'd clean it up someday which was today.
I'll never do that again! I just finished, so tired I can barely type! All overgrown, had to winch everything out. Most wire I'll haul to dump a little at a time, posts on the burn pile. Lesson learned a mess over time can become a nightmare.

/ What NOT to do on your property! #2  
Oh my... the classic 'I'll get to that later' or 'aroundtoit' scenario.

Lesson learnt. (until it happens again :))

/ What NOT to do on your property! #3  
I had a woven wire fence around the garden. After it being there for twenty years I went to remove it. Ha - what a joke. The weeds & grass was so intertwined, tangled & thick. Pulled it out in chunks with a logging chain and the tractor. If there weren't such a fire hazard - I would have burned all around the fence first.

/ What NOT to do on your property! #4  
Picture013(1).JPG
this is what I use on fences!! ---dont care HOW overgrown they are! lol!!

ImHOME.JPG
Before MOOSE, I used this little guy,--it too will make short work of fences!
old fences can be a problem to remove.---putting the new one in is easy!

/ What NOT to do on your property! #5  
Don't add unnecessary clutter to the landscape. A GF once gathered rocks and proceeded to put them around all manner of things. Cute and well meaning. but Just created a maintenance nightmare.

/ What NOT to do on your property! #6  
Good thing is you shouldn't have to worry about that project again..."45 years"

/ What NOT to do on your property! #7  
I put up the exact same fence over 20 years ago. There's parts of it in the back corner that I can't even see because of overgrowth. Just as well. I don't go back there much any way. The habitat gives the mountain lions a place to hide. :eek:

Whoever has this place after I'm gone will have to deal with it. ;)

/ What NOT to do on your property!
I put up the exact same fence over 20 years ago. There's parts of it in the back corner that I can't even see because of overgrowth. Just as well. I don't go back there much any way. The habitat gives the mountain lions a place to hide. :eek:

Whoever has this place after I'm gone will have to deal with it. ;)
Good place to stash trespassers

/ What NOT to do on your property! #9  
Don't add unnecessary clutter to the landscape. A GF once gathered rocks and proceeded to put them around all manner of things. Cute and well meaning. but Just created a maintenance nightmare.

Yes, my wife likes to use rocks int he tilled garden to mark her veggies and things. I can't quite seem to convey the importance of avoiding that practice, as every rock adds to the number of bolts I shear. Drives me nuts. Rocks are evil.

/ What NOT to do on your property! #10  
No rocks/bricks/blocks/logs/etc. here!!!---spent too many years getting rid of that crap!!!