Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #124,571  
Still working on dating old pics. Sure am glad for the metadata new cameras have, although I turn off gps for most pics.
I keep opening up more rabbit holes. Just remembered I started vhs recordings in 1985. Most put on DVD, but not many converted to mp4. Got that going, but very slow. At least the first conversion was done and I’m not playing tapes. All this to get accurate dates and labels on pictures.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,573  
Glad the master cylinder rebuild came out OK, Paul. The ones on the old vehicles I usually work on almost always have to be replaced or sleeved due to pitted bores. Is the brake fluid used in airplanes superior or special than what us mere mortals use in our cars, trucks, and motorcycles? And BTW, what kind of paint are you using on the speaker cabinet? Maybe an epoxy to withstand all the rough handling?

Trans disassembly went smoothly yesterday, but the shaft that needs the circlip groove turned out to be harder than the cutter bit, so there will be something of a delay while I find one that will work.

Airplanes generally use 5606 hydraulic fluid for brake fluid. It’s mineral based and not hygroscopic, so even though the master cylinder has an aluminum bore there was no corrosion.

Do you have a tool post grinder for your lathe? Grinding the groove in the hard shaft is probably the best choice. Maybe a Rube Goldberg setup with a dremel tool just to get a snap ring groove.

The speaker coating is called Duratex. It’s a low VOC polymer blend that is very durable when cured. And it cleans up with water before it’s cured.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,574  
moon is huge and bright here
it's been a quiet day
Running out of 2020
Moons been really pretty the past couple nights when I've taken the dog for a walk. There were some interesting cloud formations in the sky last night making the moon look like it had a reddish halo.

Deer have been out in the field at the beginning of our street the past few nights. Had 8 sets of alien eyes looking back at me last night.

Sure glad they mowed the field this fall. Last year the grass was really tall so the deer were creeping up pretty close to the road.

Got down to the end of the street one night. Was day dreaming about something and not really paying much attention. I about crapped myself when when I looked up and had 3 sets of eyes watching me from about 20ft away

So much for my German shepherd protecting me She was too busy tracking my neighbors cat.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,575  
Good evening!
Just checking to see if anyone has ever replaced the moisture sensors in an electric dryer. After cleaning the vents (20 feet) thoroughly the clothes were still not getting dry. There was plenty of heat and airflow. When set to auto dry the timer started its countdown from 38 minutes, then it jumped to 59 minutes then it went down to 9 minutes all in about 5 minutes. When the dryer shut off the clothes were still very damp. (When the manual timer was set to 15 minutes after this it went for 15 minutes and the clothes were dry.) I watched some YouTube videos and ordered the moisture sensors (2@$9ea.) so next week after the parts are installed I'll see if the diagnosis was correct.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,576  
30F and "Fair" @ 21:30, heading down to 29F for an overnight low. Looks like there might be some snow headed in.

Refilled tree rat feeder (empty) and put out a couple of scoops of cracked corn for the ground feeders. Deer feeder currently empty, will put some in it tomorrow morning before the rain heads in around 13:00.

Emptied all the cat litter buckets into the loader bucket and took it up to the compost pile. Went up to the street and collected the recycle can. Took pictures yesterday of the mess the road department made when they plowed the driveway when I took it up.

Trash guy apparently missed collecting his Christmas card and tip ... :confused3:

Got some cleaning done and the kitchen table all cleared off finally ... :thumbsup: ... and promptly proceeded to put a GoBoard panel on it, along with the old drywall ceiling for the shower so I could mark it and cut it ... :laughing:

The Woman thinks the heated birdbath on the GFI outlet outside is causing the electrical anomalies. Don't think so but will check it out.

Did some more cleaning in the kitchen/dishes and then prepped some baked potatoes for dinner to go along with that second ribeye steak. Used some olive oil and a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup to mix up a paste to coat the potatoes in before I wrapped those in foil and put them in the oven. Then prepped the steak with a rub of Montreal Steak Seasoning after puncturing it. Thought about it for a little bit and then decided to use the rest of the packet of the soup mix to make up a paste for the steak. Upon tasting the finished product The Woman proclaimed it to be delicious ... :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great day.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,577  
One of today's new years eve kit drop offs was a friend who is a nurse working most nights in Covid ward.
She told us numbers are going down, finally.
Glad we could get to drop off some fun stuff for her after the months she has been front line

/ Good morning!!!! #124,578  
Good evening all. 56F for the start overcast and light wind. Windy today, overcast most of the day, had some rain this evening, and high temp was 65F. Grocery run this morning, got new watch at Walmart, band broke on old one. Nap this afternoon and conserve energy.
Covid update: Cooke 1951 confirmed cases, 116 active cases, Montague 1135 confirmed cases, 33 active cases, Grayson unchanged, local 13 active cases.
Bill sorry about the drunk.
David was not me stealing your decimal! However 1/4 inch of rain will dry faster than 26 inch. hope repairs goes well.
Roy I get the grocery runs.
Eric I never was a fan of getting sleet in face either!
Bill I understand about wanting to do your own grocery list. I choose the least crowed times
Ron hope you get furnace thing sorted out. nice moon pic
Drew not heard yet, have annual physical result on Monday, hope to hear something then. Hope snowblower hunt goes well
Billy been windy here as well. Thanks for Coco update, hope you get to see your mom soon.
Thomas not very many miles for U joint.
Paul hope you can get back on your speakers , or maybe get to straighten up shop?
Roy stepdaughter's dog does that too, he is only 15 pounds.
Randy the nerve of that battery leaving you high and dry! ;)
Rich rice does not have much flavor! thanks for the warning, I will be off the roads
PJ Chuck Berry has a reputation in St Charles County as well. Haven't been to the loop in years
RNG maybe your dry spell is over ! Good luck with the carbide, it needs much more rigidity than HSS. Is the shaft case hardened or through hardened?
Ken interesting line of work.
Dennis interesting pic of your bad corner
PJ sorry about the delivery
Bird, this far north only have Tom Thumb and Walmart for chains, rest are local.
Randy good to hear your mom is in line for vaccine, nice job on flag pole.
Randy still a nice pic
Dennis updating poorly documented history is always a rabbit hole.
DF even dogs have their priorities!
Don good luck with dryer, no moisture sensors in our dryer
RS Good deal on kitchen table, wife uses onion soup powder on her roasts, and they are good as well :licking:
prayers for all especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, RNG/fire, Ron/hearing/son/furnace, Jim/sister & family, Phil/wife's eyes, Randy/health, and Country.
stay safe and health you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,579  
Roy you caused me to think. All 10 of our boxers have been bed boxers. What’s funny is they all treat it differently, but all have had an affinity for my pillow. I cover it with a small throw blanket.
Kalani was probably the best. Sophie goes to bed way before I do, so plenty of space. Often she would start up by my pillow. She knew my routine and once I started prepping to come to bed she would move, sometimes completely off, but most often down at Sophies feet, never had to say or do anything, she just did it on her own. At less than 5ft tall plenty of space.
Kekoa has to be the worst. Wherever he lights, that’s it. Been that way since a puppy. Guess he thinks 1st come... When I came to bed he would almost never wake up. I could slide him into new position and he’d snore on. I have literally lifted the blanket and slid under him. He can be on his back, legs sticking up 45° and he doesn’t shift into a comfortable position for 10 minutes. He’ll usually end up just below my knees, pressed up to me. If he’s not on the bed when I retire he will be up next to me within minutes of my settling in.
Makani hasn’t got a set routine yet. Will most often get pasr Kekoa to overtake my pillow. If on the bed when I retire he usually gets off, goes lies by Kekoa, sometimes he’s back on within minutes, but if Kekoa beats him he’s down by Sophie’s feet to start. But I think he’s a cuddler. Often I’ll awaken and feel him close to me with his nose tucked into me.
Oh and Simba the cat has his favorite place up by Sophie.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,580  
The maintenance tasks went well and I got a couple more hours mowing before the rain.
Ordered a new set of hammers as I’ve run out of replacements. Thinking I might replace as a set and keep the old ones for breakage.