Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #124,591  
Roy.
"I'd like to do something with the tractor...just can't think of any chores and I hate just starting and letting it idle"

Same here...either the ground to icy or soft and no need to make extra work repairing come mid spring. :confused3:

/ Good morning!!!! #124,592  
Good Morning!!!! 48F @ 4:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 57F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of a rain shower tonight, then rain starting Sunday through the rest of the 10-day. Looks like David is turning on the Pineapple Express for us.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Paul. I'm gonna look into the 5606 hydraulic fluid and paint. Very handsome speaker; wish I could hear it in person. I was able to speak to a nice gal at the Kaiser Tool Company that fixed me up with a few ThinBits in D2 carbide that matched the HSS version I had on hand. I do have a tool post grinder for the lathe, so thanks for the Plan B option. The HSS bit did cut at the very end of the shaft, Bruce, but not at all where the groove needs to be. Not quite sure what that means, and no way BMW is telling anyone what their stuff is made from. I've read accounts where other folks successfully cut the groove with "carbide" cutters, though.

Last bag of apples I got, Drew, were Red Delicious, but had the same problem as yours. Two were even rotten. I usually buy Fujis, and pick them individually, but was in a hurry to get out of there. I'll spare a few extra seconds this week and do the job right.

Glad you're staying warm and getting it your way with the warranty, Ron.

Nice to hear some good news on the Covid vaccine. Thanks for sharing, Eric. The infection rate is down slightly this week here, but the southern part of California is running out of ICU beds and supplies.

I'm on the second set of hammers for my flail, too, David. Rocks are pretty hard on 'em.:eek:

Got word yesterday that my local BMW motorcycle shop is only open by appointment this week. Hope the closure is not Covid related. Next closest shop is in Reno, NV, and has a web store. They ship for free and don't charge sales tax for out of state purchases, so I ordered the seals and gaskets for the transmission rebuild from them yesterday. I'll probably be using them more in the future since the local dealer isn't stocking parts for my older bikes like they used to.

Found an ad on Facebook for a new Clark pallet jack, priced lower than what most folks want for a used one of unknown pedigree. The outfit selling them is also in Reno, but I've asked for a quote including shipping to save me a trip over the hill.

Did a little puttering in the garage yesterday, taking care of a couple small jobs and doing some clean up. Got most of another pallet hoop welded up, but need more of the bolts that attach it before I can finish.

Headed into town early for some blood work, then find a takeout breakfast before running some errands. Be nice to finish up with the pair of pallet hoops I'm working on this afternoon after I return.

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #124,593  
12F clear sky 30 for high.full with what little snow we have lite the area well critters could be seen coming going even in the woods.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :licking:
Plans for today...town couple stops for critter food,fill Mrs. kindling bin,try check out area of game activity just take the rest of the day as it comes.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,594  
Good morning! 28 as I sip on a cup of coffee, 46 and rain later.

Coffee still doesn稚 taste right, but better than it did taste, which was a bit tough. Forced it down for the caffeine. :laughing: This morning while I was making a cup, I could faintly smell the coffee. Smells like it tastes, but I will take the progress.

First day on my own. Wife took vacation as soon as I called her I was released to stay home to be my nurse. She went back to work today. I am largely self sufficient now, even though I still may be a bit slow. Made 2 separate trips out to the garage yesterday! That was huge progress in moving about. Going to force myself to do it again today. Lungs must be healing, the cold air didn稚 bother them like last week.

She wants to go out to dinner this weekend. I have a lot of trepidation about it, but she deserves it after what she has been through. Gonna compromise and go early before there is any crowd.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #124,595  
I have plowed with tandem drive trucks and on city streets with a grader.

There are a number of Mack sponsored videos on YouTube about not only their historic truck
trip to the radar stations of the original DEW Line, but also today's Granite dump trucks running front and side plows
over Alaska passes that can get five feet of snow in a day.

Differential GPS in trucks so you know exactly where you are
in whiteout conditions. Accurate to within two inches. Of course, if you can't see due to the weather, what is to stop you from running
into the back of something already in the road, like a stopped semi. So unless one has navigation electronics like planes and boats do,
at least Level 3 self driving, how can you operate any moving machinery when you can't see where you are going?
I think of you Bill when I watch them, thinking you'd be mighty comfy in the cab of that new Mack.

In fresh deep snow hard to see where the road goes, concrete abutments hiding under those big white mounds. Hitting one of those would truly ruin your day.
But if your truck's navigation was set one foot away from all solid/damageable objects, and it actually worked, down go the damage claims.
Focus On Alaska DOT's Granite Snowplow - YouTube
Plowing Roads in a New Mack Truck - YouTube
Arctic Convoy With Giant Mack Trucks - YouTube

/ Good morning!!!! #124,596  
Good morning! 65˚F raining. .03" so far. The rain saved a few cedars today, the chainsaw gang is hibernating. Cooler temps tonight as a cold front pushes through.

Eric the new UK virus B.1.1.7 has made it debut in Colorado. The Christmas weekend lag time of reporting new covid cases hit yesterday as 540 new cases were recorded for the county.

Here is what the vaccination card will look like.
Covid-19 Vaccine - H-E-B Newsroom

/ Good morning!!!! #124,597  
RNG, think getting older parts from the local BMW dealer is tough, try going to the local BSA dealer for parts! :laughing:

To eat up time, got back to reading. Love to read history, so first book I grab is 撤residents of War by Michael Beschloss. It is a history of war time presidents. We think political divide and coarseness in political discourse is new......it isn稚. He is using a lot of quotes from newspapers, journals, and letters and it is eye opening..... Large book, about 600 pages. Should keep me busy.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,598  
34° and sunny.
Guess they got the truck removed sometime last night.
Started converting my home DVDs to mp4s, after doing 5 realized there was no sound. Had to change a setting, now have to redo them.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,599  
"The snow beats down the grass, and the sun melts the snow.

good friend's father's quote regarding minimizing property maintenance

got spray paint at hardware show, then more apples from local orchard. Already tried
one apple, crunchy and sprayed juice everywhere. Now I have to cut up the supermarket ones and bake
something with them.

low air alarm came on in car, hand held digital gauge showed they were all about five pounds low, I'm guessing it's the cold temperatures at fault
but I topped them off anyway. Hopefully buzzer, text message and light bulb will go out next time. If not, need to drill down in
owners manual to find out what the reset procedure is. I never paid extra for the nitrogen gas in my tires, maybe that would eliminate this.
I have an air compressor in the garage so now I know I have to stay on top of this.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,600  
"The snow beats down the grass, and the sun melts the snow.

good friend's father's quote regarding minimizing property maintenance

got spray paint at hardware show, then more apples from local orchard. Already tried
one apple, crunchy and sprayed juice everywhere. Now I have to cut up the supermarket ones and bake
something with them.

low air alarm came on in car, hand held digital gauge showed they were all about five pounds low, I'm guessing it's the cold temperatures at fault
but I topped them off anyway. Hopefully buzzer, text message and light bulb will go out next time. If not, need to drill down in
owners manual to find out what the reset procedure is. I never paid extra for the nitrogen gas in my tires, maybe that would eliminate this.
I have an air compressor in the garage so now I know I have to stay on top of this.

Nitrogen will make very little difference, it is a larger molecule so very small seepage is slower,
it is a dry gas so expansion from heating is a little bit less.
I have used it back in my racing days but only because I had access to N2 cylinders at no cost
so I used them instead of a gas powered compressor. Both for air tools and tire inflation.

Most TPMS monitors will reset themselves when the tire pressure is brought back up to or close to the door jam listed ideal pressure.