welder circuit

/ welder circuit #51  
Sorry guys, but is what it is.

I got no idea what besides a heapin helpin of ol Edward Bernays makes everybody think dey gonna take up welding and be a golden elbow by noon, but I sure tell you dat guy in de orange apron or blue vest lied his azz off to sell you dat machine.
Ya know what else, pretty much most de world from 1900 till 1970 was welded together by either O/A or stick.

Kid like Strawberry lugged a few tons of planks across beams figurin out way to get on welding gang cause it beat he!! out of plankin.

Den along come de hustlers. Everybody sellin little weldin boxes in box store. You just buy dis overpriced box of crap and you be weldin by noon, line of recruiters up yer driveway lookin to hire you by 3 in afternoon. Dey offer you 55 bucks an hour you wearin dis helmet too an wid dat kind money lookin at, you easy afford to put on Charge Card. Do you have de store card, I happy to hand you application, get 10 bucks you got enough credit to get de card. Tractor supply company even sell tanks of gas on Sunday so you weld wid MIG.

You know der 113 eenglish language welding boards on Internet, thousands videos too, some even made by guys know what dey doin just showin off and rubbin yer nose in all dat inability you got. You get to post on some and cause of time in history you live in believe some guy knows what he doin electronically put his 20 years of skill between your ears. How dat worked out so far?

How about I load up machine, gas bottles, MIG rig, wire and beverage of your choice and come to your place stoppin for stakes on way for you to cook on grill while I teach you how to weld right? You got room for my truck and camper or I need motel room?
You think dat happen soon?

Reality is I not too likely to take yer job doin brain surgery or spending 8 hours a day in cell wid desk lookin at screen, or whatever job is. From most I see so far I probably could do job, but nobody gonna hire me to. Be pretty dang insultin fer me to walk up to yer cell and announce I here to replace you. If I did yer smart move be walk over to break room and let me fall on my face.

You got between yer ears idea you read books, look at videos, post on boards buy China crap cheaper den other china crap you be golden elbow like salesman said. You think you superstar walkin into welding supply fer gas and kid on other side of counter knows up from down and you should get same price and attention man on phone placing $5000 order gets. Dat day not here yet, might not even be comin for you.

My world, you want to learn a man's trade, you ask an you ask polite. Way world is today most old hands willing to show you, even spend some time teachin or at least shake you out see if you worth teachin. Old hands wanted it dey earned it. Same situation exists today. You want what I got you gonna earn it. Dat earnin not gonna happen in your man cave on de leather couch lookin at game on big screen.

You also best understand half if not more of what old hand does so dang automatic to him he don't think bout rod position or gun angle, he just makes weld. Old hand gotta think out what automatic to him and put into words on keyboard because you demand just might not happen.

Only guarantee I make you is at least half of super machines sold by Horrible Fright, Blowes, Homer, Eastwood, Neverlast, Shortgevity, WeBing, Miller, ITWbart, and a few more sittin on shelf wid half roll of wire collecting dust cause guy who bought gave up before he could weld er even stick together.

/ welder circuit
Well that sums it up (removed).
I do brain surgery as a side hobby. Before that I was a logger so there was some stick welding to be done on things that broke. I never welded pretty but that wasn't my job. As long as it stuck together is all the bosses cared about.
The woods break much of what man has wrought of steel.

You're exactly right. What is sold is mostly hobby stuff. It is sufficient for ppl to think they can weld. That's like saying if you take up golf, you're gonna be like the 200 golfers on earth who win millions of dollars with their trade. And then when they discover otherwise, they just buy new clubs thinking that's the problem.

Just ain't so.
At any rate. I live in the woods with no one to have ever taught me what was correct. Everyone can only do the best they can so I have room for your camper. You like venison steaks with cinnamon buns for dessert?

/ welder circuit #54  
(removed), Prueba española!

(removed) envía un timbre con la identificación falsa, haz la prueba como el tipo en el programa Soprano para la prueba del corredor de bolsa

/ welder circuit #55  
I will back up and read more of (removed) but something in the first paragraph grabbed me and I gotta do it one at a time. The guy in the orange vest is selling me a welder for near the same dollars today as I bought from a dealer in 1990 maybe? The differences are rather cosmetic and it runs perfect like the original and its 700$ today, its a good machine for less money than ever. It is so good thety change really nothing buit a few pcs of alum to plastic just as good and its the same machine they make for decades. Its inflated about 50$ in that time.
Second, some of these "hobby" or business welders are really good, they dont need basic schoolin like a kid, they simply need some basic specialized training. They grab fast, some you gotta show once. I know several guys really good wire welders and can melt it together cant stick very well.
Some of the best Tig I ever see was from kids and from guys took it up rather recent, they got a gift. One of the best I really ever see in terms of fluid ease was a guy about 23 in Fla and was just joining the Ironworkers and had done about 3 years in a ship yard. Workin iron must have bout felt like part time welding. He was in a time and place and age where inspection was higher all the time and after some time with 7018 Innershield was on steroids. Good healthy kid and bet the next 25 yrs were easy for him, lots of heavy welding come to that area with some exotic projects.

/ welder circuit #56  
welders that use less amps also have to use less voltage to strike the arc, 220v x 30a = 6600 watts.. so, 6600w/80v = 82.5A to strike the arc, once that's established, welding voltage is around 6v for a stick welder, so more amperage is available.. I=P/E, so, 1100 amps is possible if a perfect welder was made..

/ welder circuit #57  
I was gonna take another tour and had a fire set me back a bit and took me some time when all this stuff came on, puter stuff and it passes me while I was welding and wiring.
If I was a young guy today would learn to stick weld well and cut with a torch, get a Journeyman card and boom out to some really cool jobs. Run a little Innershield so you can when you gotta pass real welding tests. You dont gotta weld forever but its a super4 good way to hire on right in the middle of it. My own home local was really for steady types and I really likes people I didnt know in competitive environment. Lotta pecking order in steady local work and being on the road with the boomers was different.
So, say in Miami at that time just starting to build really tall buildings. They built rebar for decades but lotsa bolts and trailer fulkl of welding rod was another matter, truck load of 6 and 8 packs and 100 ft 4/0 welding lead. Most guys bigger than me but we get along.

/ welder circuit
So I transitioned to 240 for the welder circuit within the garage. This being for a Hobart Handler 190. This is with 10 /2 wire on a 30 amp circuit.
It's doing really well.
Way, way better than the Forney 140 Easy Weld I got as an Xmas gift from the children. That is an absolute toy in comparison and I don't understand all the stella "reviews" it got. This thing, it being on a 125 volt circuit, had a tough time with 1/8" stuff turned all the way up!
At any rate, because I have a transformer on the pole leading to my house, my input is really 250 volts.

The Hobart is running hot even at 3/40 on 1/8" material. Their graph states I should be running 5/50 for this which was way too hot.
I dunno but I'm thinking it may have something to do with the increased voltage.
With the transformer only a pole away from my place, I'm getting no line loss inherent to it being a half mile down the road with other people sucking up the voltage on that line.

I also got a Miller hood. Now I can "see".

/ welder circuit #59  
10/30 is a tailor made circuit for those machines. The chart is a guide, it depends on speed and joint design also. I have ran a lot of light sheet on that machine wide open. I don't weld as much and find myself using a little lower settings more than I used to when I was really daily driver.

/ welder circuit #60  
Arrow I'd bet up high as a greenback dollar you put honest voltmeter on dat circuit and run de welder you see more voltage drop from meter to welder then you see from transformer to meter.
Longer you weld more voltage gonna drop coming into welding machine too.

Settings is just a starting suggestion from manufacturer, and dey set machine up in perfect conditions to develope dem numbers.