Three day challenge

/ Three day challenge #112  
Again...I sincerely appreciate responses. One thing I forgot to mention was the alcoholic friend (rip) said alcoholics become chemists and magicians Chemists to maintain that level of alcohol, magicians able to obtain, hide booze and appear lucid.
My brother is physically small, I'm quite a bit larger but if I tried drinking half his daily dose I couldn't.
The two things I do know is you can't 100% rely on Wiki, Google, or TV shows (it's all Hollywood).
My brother can put on a facade that you'd have to see to believe. When his wife called paramedics they called me. As they said if he refuses treatment, is coherent there's nothing they can legally do. Like they said "we cannot abduct him against his will".
Wife and said "we're on the way"...driving the 3.5 hours getting there. I know how to talk to him convincing him to go. It took the three of us getting him dressed and in the car. It was like walking a puppet, I basically carried him by his belt, wives on either side!
At hospital ER the Doctor on call was well versed with alcoholism. He was there a few hours, but the DTs started...I've never seen anyone shake so bad. His daughter & husband show up. We all pleaded with him...which was useless.
Outside looking in it's so easy to say do a,b,c,d.
It doesn't work that way. Yes, intervention works, and it's fantastic for those wanting to quit. He does not.
His wife has left him multiple times...all for naught.
Now...doctor's treatment: that's going to be different depending on the patient (age, liver damage, etc).
And yes, this post started out light-hearted. Three day challenge Feb 29,30,31!
So...in conclusion IMHO my brother is beyond hope. If he quit now the damage is done. What's so strange in my family my Dad's Dad drank, smoked cigars chewed tobacco with that cigar butt, was obese, no exercise and ate garbage food yet lived well into his 90s.
My Mom's Dad was a doctor...not only didn't drink alcohol but no soda! Never smoked, and exercised a lot. Great diet. Made it to 86.
My advice to anyone is to recognize the signs of addiction to anything! If someone enjoys a cigar and some alcohol once in a while...nothing wrong with that.

/ Three day challenge #113  
Fuddy, thanks for sharing, I think we all understand the gravity of your situation and hope the best for you and your family.

/ Three day challenge #114  
Again...I sincerely appreciate responses. One thing I forgot to mention was the alcoholic friend (rip) said alcoholics become chemists and magicians Chemists to maintain that level of alcohol, magicians able to obtain, hide booze and appear lucid.
My brother is physically small, I'm quite a bit larger but if I tried drinking half his daily dose I couldn't.
The two things I do know is you can't 100% rely on Wiki, Google, or TV shows (it's all Hollywood).
My brother can put on a facade that you'd have to see to believe. When his wife called paramedics they called me. As they said if he refuses treatment, is coherent there's nothing they can legally do. Like they said "we cannot abduct him against his will".
Wife and said "we're on the way"...driving the 3.5 hours getting there. I know how to talk to him convincing him to go. It took the three of us getting him dressed and in the car. It was like walking a puppet, I basically carried him by his belt, wives on either side!
At hospital ER the Doctor on call was well versed with alcoholism. He was there a few hours, but the DTs started...I've never seen anyone shake so bad. His daughter & husband show up. We all pleaded with him...which was useless.
Outside looking in it's so easy to say do a,b,c,d.
It doesn't work that way. Yes, intervention works, and it's fantastic for those wanting to quit. He does not.
His wife has left him multiple times...all for naught.
Now...doctor's treatment: that's going to be different depending on the patient (age, liver damage, etc).
And yes, this post started out light-hearted. Three day challenge Feb 29,30,31!
So...in conclusion IMHO my brother is beyond hope. If he quit now the damage is done. What's so strange in my family my Dad's Dad drank, smoked cigars chewed tobacco with that cigar butt, was obese, no exercise and ate garbage food yet lived well into his 90s.
My Mom's Dad was a doctor...not only didn't drink alcohol but no soda! Never smoked, and exercised a lot. Great diet. Made it to 86.
My advice to anyone is to recognize the signs of addiction to anything! If someone enjoys a cigar and some alcohol once in a while...nothing wrong with that.

Hey Fuddy, no judgement on my part whatsoever, man! I'm sure you and your family are doing the best you can with all that. I was only commenting about the emt thing.