Case Farmall 75A review

/ Case Farmall 75A review #21  
It depends on what pto work you are doing,
I use the E mode quite often, I can ted hay with the AC kicking running along at 1500-1600 rpm.
If I'm brush hogging some some tall dead stuff or clipping pasture with scattered weeds i will use the E mode,
Any time I'm using my generator it is in the economy mode and running at 1750 engine rpm for 540 on the pto.
When I put that tractor on the sickle bar it's in the economy mode as I have more then enough power even throttled down
for speeds you can mow at.
Unless it's going to be lugging the tractor down on a pto attachment it's in the economy mode,
I have considerable hp avilible for most pto wotk that my tractor does that the economy mode works good for me,
I would say that at least 75% of my pto work is done in the economy mode.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #22  
Alot of hours to justify it if it costs more.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #23  
Have nephew with same tractor, it did come with the 540E setup. They use it in haying and really are pleased with it. I had little larger JD with the 540e and really recommend it. When you can reduce the engine by 500 or so RPMS really does save hours on the engine. As to visibility of hooking up the fel to attachments it is not easy on any large tractor just due to the larger engine and hood required. One piece of advice given me was set implements on pallets or such.

First tractor I had was a Red Case, still like them. Odd how much more I like the red model over the medium blue tractors..sort of like the GMC / Chevy conversations.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #24  
Bryan, thanks for the review. These would be on my short list if I were in the market for a cab utility tractor. I've seen one or two online with the short radial ag tires, they sure look beefy. I had the chance to spend a little (non-operational) time in the blue version as a former NH dealer and have to say it was/is an impressive platform with some very nice features for the price point. Excellent cab environment. Personally prefer the Case IH red and grille styling, myself, too!

Have you thought about rigging up a camera on the front to assist with loader attachments?

Last edited:
   / Case Farmall 75A review
I put about 15 hours on my 75A over the weekend mowing. I'm up to around 83 hours now on the tractor. The intermittent low fuel warning hasn't come on in about 20 hours, and the fuel gauge is operating correctly. I don't like knowing what the problem is, but glad it went away.

The comfort and visibility of the cab continues to impress me. Temp were in mid-80s over the weekend and I ran the A/C fan on 3. I finally bogged the engine down a little mowing- Thick Johnson grass, about 8' tall, in mid-range, 3rd gear, mowing at about 3.5mph. Engine RPMs dropped about 100, downshifted to 2, and it no more bogging. This is pulling a Woods MDS8-30 cutter. This tractor has plenty of power for what I do.

Sometimes it's the little things that impress me- like windshield washer fluid and wipers. I was mowing early in the morning, the sun was low on the horizon, and from all the dirt on the back window I was getting a lot of glare when looking behind me. Hold the button for the washer fluids for just a few seconds, let the wipers do their job, and although not spotless, the glare was gone. I suppose things like this show how spoiled we can be by the big things like mechanical reliability, good traction, and easy to use controls.

I'm still having a hard time finding anything to not like about this Case.

A couple pictures and a short video-

IMG_4766.JPGIMG_4753.JPG

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MwIqRsEijAZG6gCUzSfDJMiZAKKAWL3J/view?usp=sharing[/video]

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ci-3seHFS-h74NnNw0bq4BXUow18IB-a/view?usp=sharing[/video]

/ Case Farmall 75A review #26  
I think Case makes the nicest looking tractors, but I also think that they have a real problem with customer support when something goes wrong. I own a Case dozer and it's a beast when it's working, but a nightmare to get parts for it when it's not working. Others have posted on here about how difficult it is to get their Case tractor, or construction equipment fixed. I'm very pleased that you are having such a good experience with your tractor. It's still on my list of brands to consider when I get my cab tractor, but I'm also very hesitant about them.

It's been a couple months since I updated. I only have opportunity to use the tractor on weekends- but I'm up to about 108 hours. I took the standard rotary mower off a couple weeks ago and put my ditch bank mower back on. Now I'm cutting along the roads, pond bank, and creeks again.

But most importantly, since the weather is changing, and temps are cooling off, grass has slowed it's growing and now I'm getting to enjoy the areas that I mowed.

View from the cab, and from a deer blind
IMG_4876.jpg
IMG_5004.jpg
IMG_5005.jpg

And view of a well mowed field behind my oldest son with his fresh lunch
IMG_5006.jpg

Weather has been crummy, and except for cutting a couple cedars and moving the brush, I haven't had much tractor work to do in last couple months.

I did have a dead battery during a cold snap about a month ago. Put a jump pack on it and the tractor fired right up. Ran it around a while, turned it off, and it restarted fine. Parked in the barn for a week, and battery was dead next time too.

It was time for a service anyway, so I contacted the dealer with the issue and to schedule a service. Total time is now about 115 hours. Tech that came down said there were some software updates that likely were the issue- apparently something within the software allowed a part of the computer to still consume power from the battery while the tractor was off. According to the tech, this isn't an issue if the tractor is used every few days (and we didn't see any problems through warm weather). Software updates completed, and he replaced the battery under warranty. Should be ready to roll when things start growing.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #29  
Nice to hear that they admitted the problem and replaced the battery for you.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #30  
IF, it's like any car or truck "these days", leave it set for a long time and your batt will be dead! There's always something using a small amount of juice, to slooowly drain the battery.

I use batt. maintainers to counter that...

SR