Stump Chipper

/ Stump Chipper #71  
The WG24 is in my sights. I spoke with them last week.

I live in PA, and am about 3 hours from their US distribution warehouse in Buffalo, NY.

I would have to pay state sales tax if I pick it up at the dock.

It ends up that their standard delivery fee, with No sales tax is only a bit more than dock pick up with state taxes.

So no meaningful savings on going to pick it up.

Mr. JCoastie, based on your initial use, what are you finding your average time for grinding - let's say an 18 to 20 inch diameter stump?

/ Stump Chipper #72  
I got a WG24 a couple weeks ago and it's been pretty awesome.

/ Stump Chipper #73  
Mr. JCoastie, based on your initial use, what are you finding your average time for grinding - let's say an 18 to 20 inch diameter stump?
mostly long needle pine here, soft and quick. So a stump that large may be just 2 or 3 minutes with my 40hp tractor.
I think I take larger bites than I should, but it works well. No rocks here either.

/ Stump Chipper #74  
Thanks for that!

Have not heard any bad remarks in any thread which mentions the WG24...

/ Stump Chipper #75  
I received an email and the stump grinder is at port in New Jersey.
I received another invoice for 11 different fees and charges totaling $405.00 plus the $113.00 is $518.00
This should get me to a destination Grove Transportation in Kentucky where I think I can intercept it so not to put even more money in it but I did call Grove which thinks I would have a few more fees. ETA says 3/18/21 but we will see. I’ll keep you posted.
Did you get your chipper today? I'm thinking about buying one, be interested in your experience with it.

/ Stump Chipper
I'm still waiting, I have contacted Carotrans in NJ but they tell me something different each time but always ask about the payment and said it will ship to Grove.

/ Stump Chipper
I finally picked it up at Grove so here’s my fees
Isf —————-$113
Carotrans——$405
Isf —————$473.23
Grove transportation $145
Total fees. $1136.23
I was overcharged $50 by Carotrans
Total fees. $1086.23
Stump grinder
34 extra bits. $1320.00
Total————— $2406.23

So who are the crooks

/ Stump Chipper #78  
That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a better experience for you. I had the WG24 delivered to my driveway for 2500 in 4 days. (No spare teeth though)

/ Stump Chipper #79  
I finally picked it up at Grove so here’s my fees

Total————— $2406.23

So who are the crooks
Thanks for posting, I honestly thought you'd save some money of the deal, but I only have about a hundred bucks over what you paid, and I do have spare teeth...

I ground 4 stumps with mine last week, it works pretty good, I'm glad I bought it.

SR

/ Stump Chipper
It was an experience.
It looks nice and heavy built and the only difference apart from the curved woodland design is the grease able pins but if I would do it again I probably would get the woodland mills.