Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,441  
I say hooey.

Oldpath was not discussing religion (as the rules list) by simply including scripture in his signature line. There is no DISCUSSION going on.

If a person put BLM in their signature line, would the moderators send that person a similar cease and dismiss email? I BET NOT, yet it can be considered a political statement/discussion (as the rules list). Nor should they shut it down, BLM and its supporters are a legitimate voice in our society so that all people are eventually treated equally. If someone put BLM in their signature line, it is NOT DISCUSSING POLITICS.

God is a legitimate need in our society to keep us on track and a simple scripture in someones post should not be considered DISCUSSING.

Again, I call hooey on the moderators.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,442  
A signature line is an extension of who you are in my book. All innocent as far as scripture is concerned. If I put BLM in my signature line it is an extension of who I am and what I believe. If I put scripture in my signature line it is an extension of who I am and what I believe. Neither is discussing the subject and neither should offend anyone.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,444  
Lifting your rounds with the loader reminder me of splitting 30" maple rounds last summer. The tractor was running the splitter so I had to do it by hand. Of course I lowered the splitter first and built a ramp of split wood. I am not a strong person so it was my limit.

View attachment 690269

Look pretty strong to me and If you do much more of that you will become even stronger.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,445  
Look pretty strong to me and If you do much more of that you will become even stronger.

gg
I was going to post the same, but you beat me to it. He works smarter, not harder, as the saying goes.

My back hurts just looking at the picture. ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,446  
Digging it would be my first guess for the complainer. He’s done nothing but complain and be the self appointed Mayer of TBN since he joined. He must have a pretty sad life to be offended much less take the time to complain about someone’s signature line.
Before we crucify somebody, it would be good to know just what prompted OldPath's letter.. My comment was merely speculation, yet it seems to be what got people started down that goat path. Muhammed seems to have a more active presence here lately; perhaps it's just something that he took heed of. At any rate, continuing this conversation should be in a new thread... perhaps in the "feedback" forums.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,447  
Inspecting some bushes witch I have to clean up a bit, and the road to it, pics not in any form of sequence.

But how exiting will a drive with a MF 135 bee on these roads, hmm
May I ask how you "Clean those up a bit?" Are you talking about trimming the trees back, or just mowing? That looks to be a pretty rigorous undertaking.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,448  
Who is it, I'll never follow up with his posts. 👍
I have no problems with the rules, just the whiners need to be canceled.
my guess is he pretty much id’s himself in that link to “forum rules”. And the location of Lower Uncton rings a bell with me.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,449  
Who is it, I'll never follow up with his posts. 👍
I have no problems with the rules, just the whiners need to be canceled.
1CC86836-9733-46E9-9A45-A93037E7A396.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,450  
That does not change the fact that it is a privately owned web site. The public or the users don't set the rules. The owner does.

I have no idea. I never saw the argument, just Oldpath's response to the message he received.

I really don't care if someone wants to put a Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Islamic or Atheist tag line on their posts. It's no skin off my back. I come here to hear what they have to say about tractors (or in the case of this topic, "Tractors and wood"). If they have something interesting to say on the subject, I'll read it. I ignore the signature lines most of the time anyway. Other than that, I try to follow the rules set by our host (though I may not succeed 100% of the time).

With that, I'm done with the topic drift
A better term for the status of forum members is probably ‘customers’. Customers who enhance the value of the site for the owner. Yes, the owner sets the rules. However, when those rules become onerous or unfairly administered the customers may leave. As OldPath05 justifiably did, IMHO.

The owner of TBN does a pretty good job of walking the fine line of retaining valuable customers while having mostly reasonable rules to maintain decorum which enhances the customer experience.

However, he sometimes drops the ball, he’s not perfect. And when he drops the ball customers can complain, or leave, or both.

And, the owner can listen to his customers or he can throw them out or run them off.