Ke-3D front axle parts help

/ Ke-3D front axle parts help #11  
SNIP.....
I took apart the left(passenger, I don't know the tractor world orientation just yet) front and found the lower spindle gear missing.
SNIP....
Thank you,
SE99

That's an interesting question. Which side is which?

I first ran into this in the 1960s with British motorcycles. The British shop manuals used to speak of "onside" and "offside"..... and sometimes you would hear "near side" and "far side". Probably all go back to horses, so it can be a little confusing if you think too much about it.
The reason being that although almost everyone gets onto their horse or bike or tractor from the near or "onside", very few exit via the offside...

I tend to use right and left as they appear when I'm operating the tractor. But I doubt that is universal.
rScotty

/ Ke-3D front axle parts help #12  
That's an interesting question. Which side is which?
I first ran into this in the 1960s with British motorcycles.
rScotty
The '50's British bikes I owned, BSA A10 and AJS, had the brake and shifter on the opposite side from other later bikes I rode occasionally. Confusing when someone says 'Take it out and see how you like my bike!' :eek:

/ Ke-3D front axle parts help
That's sure reasonable. New or used part? That makes me wonder what the price would be for a complete used front axle.....
rScotty
Sorry for the late response. This is for a new part from Japan from Yanmar.

/ Ke-3D front axle parts help #14  
Interesting to hear the results! This got to the best of them. Shifter on the right. Early 70's had to think hard which one been a few yrs..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 63
   / Ke-3D front axle parts help #15  
Hard to make it out, but it looks like a Bultaco TT bike. But maybe not. I don't know if they were still around in the 70s.

/ Ke-3D front axle parts help #16  
My first dirt bike Early 70's and the reason the former owner gave it up was parts. Plus no match to the Newer bikes. I'm thinking it may have had a 360 motor. But something tells me and I recall the Cylinder was sleeved 175-250. I thought that was cool. Had to leave it up N. when we moved to Ga.. I was like 12-13yrs. old....
Just talked to my brother who deals with shipping from over seas and he said it messed up bad!! Canal.