Is this an odd set up?

/ Is this an odd set up? #11  
If that valve were to pop out of detent, could you not deadhead the hydraulic pump. Not a good thing.
No it would not. Chute valve in center position unloads the pump to tank.

also main system relief is hydraulic selector block

/ Is this an odd set up?
Indeed, when the valve is in center position, it flows back to the tank.

Can I instead of flowing it back to the tank, feed the backhoe? It would mean the output of the valve would be under pressure when the backhoe is in use. Not sure if that's ok.

/ Is this an odd set up? #13  
Indeed, when the valve is in center position, it flows back to the tank.

Can I instead of flowing it back to the tank, feed the backhoe? It would mean the output of the valve would be under pressure when the backhoe is in use. Not sure if that's ok.
No you can not use the tank port of chute valve to supply backhoe.

/ Is this an odd set up? #14  
If it were me, I'd add a quick disconnect pair in front of the blower valve and move the PB hose from valve to BH as necessary. Logically, then you have either your normal BH inserted into the hydraulic loop or your valve. This is exactly how I have my rear remotes plumbed. Can't use 'em with BH connected, so having them out of the loop is fine.

/ Is this an odd set up?
Thanks but because of the place they've put the valve, adding quick connects would make it cumbersome to get of the tractor from its right side. The hose are already in the way and adding 1/2" quick connects would reduce that clearance even more. Too bad my tractor didn't come with a remote valve where the 3PH lever is (it was an option at purchase but that tractor was purchase new from someone else 10 years ago without that option). It would have been so much cleaner.

/ Is this an odd set up? #17  
Thanks but because of the place they've put the valve, adding quick connects would make it cumbersome to get of the tractor from its right side. The hose are already in the way and adding 1/2" quick connects would reduce that clearance even more. Too bad my tractor didn't come with a remote valve where the 3PH lever is (it was an option at purchase but that tractor was purchase new from someone else 10 years ago without that option). It would have been so much cleaner.
Think outside the box. No one said the QDs had to be just right there. I propose you move the original hydraulic lines back to their original locations. Without your valve, I assume you would have a PB loop with a male/female QD pair in the back when the BH is absent. Put that back. Add hoses with QDs from that location to your valve. Use 90 degree fittings or whatever to get your right side clearance. So basically you are swapping in or out either the BH or valve into the hydraulic loop.

This is not hard. Picturs help post some more.