CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #1  

JPSwede

Tractor
Kioti CK35
I last posted in 2012 about this same issue so I just wanted to post again to warn future buyers of small Kioti tractors that my model stinks. Here's a synopsis: in 2012, my 2009 CK35 had 122 hours on it when it suddenly stopped moving. Turned out the clutch shredded itself but it was under warranty so it was a free repair job. Fast forward 8+ years later and my tractor now has a whopping 235 hours on it. But sadly, the clutch burned up in it today, AGAIN! And no, I do not ride the clutch. I've had stick shifts for 46 years and my 25 year old truck still has its original clutch! Anyway, unfortunately, this time I have to pay the repair bill. So, I am just going to bite the bullet and trade it in on a John Deere or Kubota, which is what I should have bought to begin with! So any thoughts from anyone on which tractor is decidedly better or is it pretty much just a toss up? Thanks for any input.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #2  
Just put a new clutch in it. See if there’s a heavy duty one available. Then you will be good for another 10 years, at the rate your currently using it... Dutchy

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #3  
Well I have 780 hours now on my CK4010 and no clutch issues. I will say that non usage is detrimental to clutch longevity. The same thing goes for slip clutches in most rotary cutters and other implements, with 18 months of not being used, it's prone to binding and increasing failure rates. These equipment last longer when being used.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!
Oh ok. I didn't know that. I barely use my truck so I thought it would be similar since its clutch has lasted 25 years and 200,000 miles. Thanks for the info.
Just put a new clutch in it. See if there’s a heavy duty one available. Then you will be good for another 10 years, at the rate your currently using it... Dutchy

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!
Yeah. I thought about that. I just didn't want to go through this again in 8 years. Hmm

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #6  
I can fully understand your wanting to move onto another tractor model and brand. But I will say, that you need to use these tractors at least once a month, or your going to see the same problem over again. Just start them up. Drive around for a few hours and put them to work. Circulate fluids. Get clutch plates moving and those gears operational. Everything lasts longer when you use the equipment.

Personally, if your going for a new tractor in same horsepower range, recommend a Kubota L3301 or the John Deere 2038R. Both are proven models, and been out many years. But you should use them more than you have.

Last edited:
   / CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #7  
I'm not sure what is going on with your machine with clutch issues.
My DK 35 is 20 years old with 2315 hours.
Original clutch, never needed the first clutch adjustment yet.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #9  
Most likely the freeplay was not correct