Traction Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #1  

wapaper

Tractor
Kioti CK35
Hello all. This is my first post here.

My problem is with my 2009 Kioti CK35 (not an HST). It has 122 hours on it. Last week, while I was mowing a field of grass, all of a sudden it came to a sudden stop. I heard no noises, felt no vibrations, smelled no odors so I thought I had knocked it out of gear somehow but unfortunately I tried over and over to get it into gear again but never could. I finally figured out though that it would move in low gear but only in first gear and only then at the speed of a baby turtle. So literally, it moves about 3 inches in a minute and only on a flat surface. Increasing the engine speed did not increase the tractor's speed. So I checked the hydraulic fluid and found that it was low. However, the FEL and Bushhog had both been working perfectly fine as had the transmission. Could the clutch or something else have burned up due to the low level of hydraulic fluid? I topped off the hydraulic fluid but it hasn't made any difference. Finally, when it is in a gear, the tractor can not be pushed or pulled by anything so it seems to be in gear but it just won't move. Does anyone have an idea as to what it could be and any simple things to try before I haul it into the dealer? Could a linkage or something have broken? Thanks to everyone who responds.

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #2  
What do you mean you can't get it into gear....will the lever not go, or does it go and still not move? Check the easy stuff first, crawl under it and look at all the linkages for shifting and make sure the brake is not engaged. You can run over things that have a bad habit of finding a way to pop up and jam bend and break stuff...rule that out too.

Your still under warranty, so I'd take it in or have the dealer come pick it up. Oh, and welcome to TBN!

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem
What do you mean you can't get it into gear....will the lever not go, or does it go and still not move? Check the easy stuff first, crawl under it and look at all the linkages for shifting and make sure the brake is not engaged. You can run over things that have a bad habit of finding a way to pop up and jam bend and break stuff...rule that out too.

Your still under warranty, so I'd take it in or have the dealer come pick it up. Oh, and welcome to TBN!

Thanks for the welcome and your reply! What I meant was I have it in gear but it will not move like it is in gear. I did check all the linkages and the brakes and they all seemed normal so then I decided to slightly adjust the clutch pedal and now it moves faster but not normally by any means. In any of the high gears now, when I let the clutch pedal out, the tractor slowly starts to move and then slowly builds up momentum so that after about 30 feet, it is moving almost normally. Of course, when I stop, the process starts all over. In any low gear, it almost seems to be moving normally now. Does this information help at all? Can the clutch get burned up when it is low on hydraulic fluid? Wouldn't I have smelled the clutch if it had burned up? Thanks.

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #4  
I can't help you on the clutch...have not had one on a tractor since the 80's and never replaced it(Yanmar). Is that all the adjustment you have, or can you do more? It sounds like something is broken, maybe in the throw out bearing. Are you under warranty?

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #5  
The clutch is dry.. it is not in the hydraulic fluid.. Sounds like a clutch or throwout bearing failure of some kind, I would not run it as you may be doing more damage to the clutch facing. Get it to the dealer.

James K0UA

I can't help you on the clutch...have not had one on a tractor since the 80's and never replaced it(Yanmar). Is that all the adjustment you have, or can you do more? It sounds like something is broken, maybe in the throw out bearing. Are you under warranty?

Well I'm told that the drivetrain is the only thing still under warranty. Would the throwout bearings be considered part of the drivetrain?

The clutch is dry.. it is not in the hydraulic fluid.. Sounds like a clutch or throwout bearing failure of some kind, I would not run it as you may be doing more damage to the clutch facing. Get it to the dealer.

James K0UA

Would a throwout bearing failure be caused by a low hydraulic fluid level? Just wondering if the low hydraulic fluid level could have caused anything. And I will get it to the dealer now since it sounds like that's all that can be done. I will update when I get an answer. Thanks.

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #8  
... Get it to the dealer ...
I second this, especially considering you have a warranty. If the exposed linkages are OK there is probably nothing you can do yourself. Splitting a tractor is not a DIY job unless you are extremely-well equipped (or really desperate). Just removing the loader is a real pain and that's the first step.

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #9  
Well I'm told that the drivetrain is the only thing still under warranty. Would the throwout bearings be considered part of the drivetrain?

** The drive line includes the clutch housing, transmission case, differential and final drive housing, and all parts contained therein, plus drive axles and
external drive shafts. Does NOT include drive clutch disc or PTO clutch disc (wet or dry)
C. The General and Extended Warranties do not cover the following:
1. Physical abuse or misuse of the product or operation of the product in a manner contrary to the provisions of its owner’s manual.
2. A repair made or parts replaced or modified by anyone other than an authorized KIOTI dealer.
3. Damage caused by the use of any non-KIOTI front-end loader, backhoe, attachment, implement, accessory or part.
4. Normal wear items such as, but not limited to: bushing, cutting edges, cutting blades, cutting teeth, drive chains, drive belts, clutch disc, operator’s
seat, and brake lining.

The way I see it, the throwout bearing and linkage and fork would be covered, but NOT the clutch disc itself.. The springs.. I dunno.. Just have to ask the dealer how they see this. Good luck. hopefully it will be a covered repair.

James K0UA

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #10  
I am no mechanic, so take this with a grain of salt, but is there a chance that the clutch housing is filling with hydraulic fluid from a seal leak in the transmission? This might account for the loss of fluid, and a coated clutch facing.. might account for the symptoms? Maybe do you have one of those push to check little valves on the bottom of the clutch housing to check for water in the clutch housing, and if you push it, does hydraulic oil come out? Of course like I said I could be full of it too. I dunno, but it was just something I came up with.

James K0UA