Case 430 model

/ Case 430 model #21  
Popgadget, as I recall, the 430s and 530s with the triple range trannys had a mph gauge up to 30 mph and would approach that speed with the normal R-1 tires. Of course your R-4s are going to be slower, but was it capable? Thanks. Halftrack

/ Case 430 model #22  
I can’t recall if the tach had speedometer markings, but 4th gear in high range would go faster than you could ever stop it in a panic. But it was torquey enough to transport nicely just over an idle. It had power steering with a belt driven pump.

/ Case 430 model
Well I had a chance to finally take a look at the tractor. Weather has been terrible here until recently.
Weather is much warmer pretty sure nothing is frozen can’t seem to get the tractor into any type of neutral. Seems like it’s stuck in some gear or something. Gear shifter is loose and feels as though it’s in neutral. Range selector feels loose and I can operate it between ranges. But I’m at a loss even if I push in the clutch rear tires will not roll. Any ideas? I’ve actually hooked up a winch to it and it will just drag the rear wheels they will not roll. Any help is appreciated.

/ Case 430 model #24  
Sounds as though the transmission is locked in 2 gears at once. I'd pull the shifter cover and have a look see. You should be able to take a large screwdriver, or pry bar, and slide gears back to neutral position.

You could have a broken shifting fork, won't know what the real problem is, until you pull that cover.

/ Case 430 model
Sounds as though the transmission is locked in 2 gears at once. I'd pull the shifter cover and have a look see. You should be able to take a large screwdriver, or pry bar, and slide gears back to neutral position.

You could have a broken shifting fork, won't know what the real problem is, until you pull that cover.

I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

/ Case 430 model
Thanks for all the help on here everyone but unfortunately I determined my vintage tractor was just too far gone for me. I sold it to the local recycle yard. They have a section of older machinery they keep around for a while. Maybe someone else can benefit from its parts.