Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #1  

sgipson

Tractor
ford 3600 1974
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump

/ Fueling tractor #2  
I used a 55 gal drum with a siphon into 5gal cans for a while, went back to straight 5 gal cans. But I fill like 8-10 of them at a time. I'd love an excuse for a good tank with 120v pump.

/ Fueling tractor #3  
Have a 220L diesel tank I can move with the forks. Fill it up 3x a year, has an electric pump. Saves tons of time, back ache, and spillage. Also nice having some reserve when they pull the diesel shortage bs every fall.

/ Fueling tractor #4  
Here is what I did.

28CEC923-3AF6-4EB2-9111-C41B016055C1.jpeg DD769D43-6826-4FAB-AAC1-5840606933D8.jpeg

/ Fueling tractor #5  
I found small 12 volt pump kits on the web that U drop into your container.
They come with filler hose, battery clips and switched power cord.
(Actually I observed that they are essentially marine bilge pumps.)
Fit 2" openings and self drain once shut off which is a nice feature.
Not super fast but just right for CUTs.

Well cautioned is to never use for gasoline or other volatile fuels.

I like it so much that I have a spare 'just in case'.
NB, also offered in 24VDC.

Use the below heading to search on EBay and you'll get multiple results:

12V Submersible Diesel Fuel Water Oil Transfer Drum Pump Mini Refueling​

Last edited:
   / Fueling tractor #6  
I rigged up a sky hook with a 3 to 1 pulley system and a 2x4 hoist to up a 5 gallon can. Then use a shaker siphon hose to fuel up.
It worked well in the trailer stake pocket but I bolted it to a heavy storage shelving rack.
3 to 1.jpg

/ Fueling tractor #7  
I found small 12 volt pump kits on the web that U drop into your container.
They come with filler hose, battery clips and switched power cord.
(Actually I observed that they are essentially marine bilge pumps.)
Fit 2" openings and self drain once shut off which is a nice feature.
Not super fast but just right for CUTs.

Well cautioned is to never use for gasoline or other volatile fuels.

I like it so much that I have a spare 'just in case'.
NB, also offered in 24VDC.
YUP!
This is EXACTLY the simple/cheap way to transfer diesel.
You can buy these little 12V pumps on E-Bay, or elsewhere online for under $20.
I am old, and holding a 5gal. can up high, while it drains, no longer works for me.
These pumps are just under 1-1/2" in diameter.
Current E-Bay listings: 193777625607, or stainless 193788206536..... $17.52 each

/ Fueling tractor #8  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump
Well, a 55 gal barrel full of fuel will not go bad over a few years sitting inside a shop or building out of the weather, so maybe a barrel and pump is the way to go in the end if lifting 5 gal jugs is not acceptable. I used 5 gal jugs for a while but would burn 10 a week, graduated to one barrel with a 12v pump, then to 4 barrels filled twice a year. Finally broke down and got a like new 550 gal fuel tank from a construction company on the cheap ($250.00) with electric transfer pump. Now I just call the fuel company and they come load my tank and I pull my tractors up to the filling station and filler up.

A few years ago, cut back on a lot of equipment, so now it takes me a year or so to use a tank but I keep justifying that I do not have to haul fuel or move barrels... :cool:

/ Fueling tractor #10  
I use a Terapump TFRA01 battery powered transfer pump to fill my CUT with diesel. I have a second one to fill the tank on our pontoon boat that never seems to be on the side closest to the dock! Very handy pumps for the last 3 years.

Good luck.

Frank