Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #21  
These 5 gal.can breaks my shoulders
Your setup looks impressive but pretty hard to justify by someone who only goes through about 60 gallons of off-road Diesel a year and hardly any gasoline.

Not too many earthquakes in MI

Last edited:
   / Fueling tractor #22  
Looks good but pretty hard to justify by someone who only goes through about 60 gallons of off-road Diesel a year.
Good used gravity fed tanks out there for reasonable prices.Diesel fuel lasts a long time with proper additives 2 years or more..

/ Fueling tractor #23  
..................zip...................Diesel fuel lasts a long time with proper additives 2 years or more..

Yes I have stored BioBor JF treated Diesel in drums in a barn for 10 years without any trouble.

/ Fueling tractor #24  
i bought this after i saw the fill was on the hood. i throw it on top of the steering wheel, works pretty good, touch pricey

/ Fueling tractor #25  
I bought this fuel caddy off fleabay
43125263-65DA-4431-81CA-631180DF25BC.jpeg

$169.99 holds up to 30 gal. I have two of these, blue for diesel and a red one for gasoline. They work very well.

Last edited:
   / Fueling tractor #26  
Just use an el cheapo HF battery powered pump in the 5 gallon jugs. Sure, it's slow but I am in no hurry.
Same here. When the gas light comes on, I put the 5gal can on the seat and use the pump to fill. It takes the whole 5 gallons with maybe a gallon or so to spare. I'm fine using just 5 at a time. So much easier than holding and using whatever slow crappy fill spout the gov wants me to use at the particular time.

/ Fueling tractor #27  
I'm fortunate enough to be able to fill mine from the ground. The tank is in front of the steps on the left side of tractor. I fill it from 5 gal jugs while standing next to tractor.
My M has similar fuel tank placement, but it is still easier to pump than to lift and pour.
Especially with a 23 gallon tank to fill.

/ Fueling tractor #28  
Just use an el cheapo HF battery powered pump in the 5 gallon jugs. Sure, it's slow but I am in no hurry.
I second the HF battery powered pump. I just put the 5 gal can on the backhoe seat and the pump does the rest. It’ll pump 5 gal in just a couple of minutes and the pump only costs about $7 on sale, $9 if it’s not on sale. Even if you have to replace it every season or two it’s a bargain. I’ve used mine to move about 50 gal of fuel so far and it’s still on its first set of two D-cell batteries. If this one ever dies I’ll buy two more so I’ll have one for backup. I’ll never be without one of these pumps again.

/ Fueling tractor #29  
Too many factors to find one perfect solution so seeing what others do is valuable. List of factors to consider:

How strong are you?
Does your wife or kid have to fuel the machine?
How much fuel a year do you use?
How far from a fuel station?
How much can you spend to solve the problem?
Are the fill location(s) near ground level or on the hood of a tractor?

/ Fueling tractor #30  
Good used gravity fed tanks out there for reasonable prices.Diesel fuel lasts a long time with proper additives 2 years or more..
I got worried last year about my 8 year old diesel in the belly tank of the generator. Checked it. Looked good, but started to use it for the tractor. I just pump out 20 gallons, 2 gallons at a time for the tractor, and then replenish from containers bought at the service station.

Think with ULSD there just are hardly any reactive compounds left in it to degrade the diesel. Very much like synthetic motor oil. Not like the regular sulfur diesel we had in the full tank of our 240D Benz when we stored it from 1990 to 1994. It turned brown.

Ralph