Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #31  
2020 GC1723 TLB I use doesn't have MMM but I know I can back up with the bush hog running....

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #32  
tape it down.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #33  
While at the JD dealer yesterday I was told that the mid mount mower pto would stop if I go in reverse (1025R) . There is a button to override this. I was also told it was required to have this function by law and that all SCUT would stop the pto. It was stated as a safety feature.

Questions:
1 Does kubota mmm pto stop if you go in reverse (bx2680)?
2. Does this become a nuisance while mowing, do you have to push the button every time you back up then start forward?
3. after backing up ( to turn around etc) do you have to throttle down to re-engage pto before going forward?
My Kubota BX with mid-mount mower doesn't stop when I go in to reverse - it's a 2015 model. Good thing, too, cause that would be a pain in the keester!

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #35  
You don’t want to tape it down because then it would be hard to turn off. My father in law has one you pull up on instead of the rocker switch, he says he tags the tag from the key ring and slips it under to hold it up.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #36  
It is a simple matter to bypass the PTO switch and Seat switch. Pull the switch out of the seat and tape down the plunger on JD's. Remove pto Reverse switch and connect the wires together or keep them apart. Its one or the other.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #37  
I’m not sure the safety device on the JD is related to the seat. I think it’s more related to the fact if the mid pto is selected and the pto is on and you try to backup, the pto switch has to be hit again.

One problem with the system is it forces a habit. I’ve been backing up and hit the switch and I wasn’t even mowing, I was doing FEL work.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #38  
I’m not sure the safety device on the JD is related to the seat. I think it’s more related to the fact if the mid pto is selected and the pto is on and you try to backup, the pto switch has to be hit again.

One problem with the system is it forces a habit. I’ve been backing up and hit the switch and I wasn’t even mowing, I was doing FEL work.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #39  
I have a Kubota B7800 with 72" mmm & John Deere 650 with 60" mmm. Both operate in reverse.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #40  
It’s pretty easy to bypass, on another forum I have seen how to do it. When the rear pto is selected you don’t have to hold the button down to back up. You wire it so it thinks the rear pto is going instead of the mid pto. Get the tractor you want, I wouldn’t let something like this be a deal breaker.

I have many obstacles in the yard that I have to mow between and back up from. This would be a deal breaker for me. Will never own something with this feature again. I disabled it on a Cub Cadet lawn tractor I had 16 years ago, but I inherited that when it was already 10 years old. I sure as hell don’t want to modify a new tractor and potentially void warranty just to make it do the job I purchased it for.