Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #101  
No need to relax. I'm calm as can be. Painting a metal bumper to replace the rusted out one on our 2013 Impala. Waiting for paint to dry. Boring. :rolleyes:
KellyG1.jpg

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #102  
Don't get wrapped up in religious BS. God didn't invent firearms, people did. The ability to form a militia is a collective right for the defense of the state against invasion or insurrection. Some state constitutions, like mine, include self defense as part of the RKBA, but some states do not.

Without responsibility, there is no freedom.
Please note I stated "most people believe" per firearms being a God given right.

I don't think I'm wrapped up in religious BS.

Do you honestly believe that people in the US who own guns should report directly to their state government per "orders" under a state militia, and if they don't report to the state government per "orders", they should no longer have the right to own those guns?

I could grab a bag of popcorn because I'm dying to know exactly how you would enforce that kind of line of thinking.

Seems like it would be easier to enforce mandatory military service, and once you do your stint, you now have the right to own a firearm. That said, something like that would have a snowballs chance in haydes.

Last edited:
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #103  
At the end of the day, that kind of crime doesn't make headlines and sell news unless the news can spin it as a hate or race crime of some sort IMO.
You mean caucasian police killing African American men or vice versa? Yes that’s true.
An astounding statistic I read once: A police officer is 18 times more likely to be killed by a black male than a black male is to be killed by a police officer.

Who knows if it’s really true, but it doesn’t fit the current popular news FEAR narrative.

Last edited:
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.
I don't know the data/stats, but I'm willing to bet that more people are killed by random acts of violence annually with firearms than all the people combined by "mass shootings" over the last 50 years.

I'd be willing to bet (with no data keep in mind) that at least 70-80% of the murder rate with firearms is black on black violence in inner cities, and the majority of those perpetrators are under 30 years in age.

The problem? Street crime where minorities kill each other with guns don't make national headlines.
I fixed it for you.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #108  
You mean caucasian police killing African American men or vice versa? Yes that’s true.
An astounding statistic I read once: A police officer is 18 times more likely to be killed by a black male than a black male is to be killed by a police officer.

Who knows if it’s really true, but it doesn’t fit the current popular news FEAR narrative.
Bad policing makes news, and one could argue rightfully so.

This wasn't even a shooting, but how a LEO handled a 80lb 73 year old woman...

I'm sorry, but from what I've read, if the woman would of been my mother, I'd sue the town and look to crucify someone.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #109  
Don't get wrapped up in religious BS. God didn't invent firearms, people did. The ability to form a militia is a collective right for the defense of the state against invasion or insurrection. Some state constitutions, like mine, include self defense as part of the RKBA, but some states do not.

Without responsibility, there is no freedom.
Within the bounds of civility I am free....

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #110  
Bad policing makes news, and one could argue rightfully so.

This wasn't even a shooting, but how a LEO handled a 80lb 73 year old woman...

I'm sorry, but from what I've read, if the woman would of been my mother, I'd sue the town and look to crucify someone.
My point is, according to the statistics (which always make me a bit skeptical), a cop is 18 times more likely to be shot to death by a black man than a black man being shot by a cop......yet when’s the last time you heard extensive media narrative about cops being mass murdered by black men? I haven’t heard really anything outside of officer Daniel Faulkner being murdered by Mumia Abu Jamal back in 1980.
No, the majority narrative is the other way around.
The numbers-to-narrative/outrage don’t make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.