Need advice on trailer purchase

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #91  
Amazing that in 2007, a 14k trailer was $2,500.
Now they are $6,500

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #92  
That is cheap, part of that might be that it appears built closer to a 7 or 10k trailer with 7k axles?

I know a few companies around me selling 14k trailers for about 4k but they are pretty basic but appear to be built with adequate materials.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #93  
Going on 13 plus years with my 20ft PJ trailer 7000 lbs axles rub rails 16 inch e-rated tires.Not one single issue

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 419
I can think of a pretty major issue you've had with it though: It cost a lot of your money to purchase, lol.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #94  
I bought my 7k 18 foot trailer about 12 years ago. I keep thinking I paid $3000 for it but I saw the receipt for it a few weeks ago and it was a little over $2000. I could probably get what I paid for it selling it used today.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #95  
Used trailers are really tough, aren’t they?
seems like the seller is asking same price as new, or its a rusted pile of rolling scrap.
Anyone looking at equipment trailers should look at Kaufman. They are solid and affordable. They offer plenty of sensible options.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #96  
Yeah I missed the boat on buying an affordable car hauler. Didn't really need it enough to justify buying and storing one.

Now I want one more, and will pay an extra thousand bucks to get one this year. Oh well.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #97  
I bought my 7k 18 foot trailer about 12 years ago. I keep thinking I paid $3000 for it but I saw the receipt for it a few weeks ago and it was a little over $2000. I could probably get what I paid for it selling it used today.
"I could probably get what I paid for it selling it used today".

You could possibly even get slightly more, depending on condition.
Buying and owning a new trailer is nearly as good as having money sitting in the bank......and you can USE the trailer the entire time!

Last edited:
   / Need advice on trailer purchase #98  
Here is the sales receipt and an old registration but I only see the weight of the trailer, not the GVW, I couldn't find it on either one of my goosenecks registrations either.
Interesting.
I suppose it may also vary state by state.
My FL. trailer has been sold, so can't check mine.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #100  
"I could probably get what I paid for it selling it used today".

You could possibly even get slightly more, depending on condition.
Buying and owning a new trailer is nearly as good as having money sitting in the bank......and you can USE the trailer the entire time!
Bought a Big Tex 30’ GN in 2015 for $9999.
Ran 350 10 ton loads of hay on it for 5 years.
Zero repairs.
Sold in 2020 for $9,000.

Cost me $999 to own a trailer for 5 years and ship ~3500 tons of hay.