Need advice on trailer purchase

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #82  
   / Need advice on trailer purchase #83  
Im talking the hub cover-that holds the oil
Ah, yeah I can see that, but have never had that problem. Can see it possibly being more of a problem on singles as the cap sticks out further then on a dual wheel.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #84  
I had one crack this summer. Never hit anything I know of. Oil drained out. Luckily I caught it going over the scale. They can simply crack. Now I carry a spare.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #85  
I had one crack this summer. Never hit anything I know of. Oil drained out. Luckily I caught it going over the scale. They can simply crack. Now I carry a spare.
Was this on the new Kaufman? I always carried a spare also. Some of the new designs seem to be a bit more robust then the older ones. Then again I have an 80's 10ton trailer that still has the original caps on it, so who knows.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #86  
Yeppers
Also lost oil from an oil bath hub about 20 years ago. Backhoe on a Kruger backhoe trailer behind my tri axle. That wasn’t as smooth of a landing.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #87  
Who made the axles on the Kaufman? Losing oil does happen, but I've l destroyed my share if greased hubs also.

A 7k triple axle 50ft trailer maneuvering in tight quarters regularly really kills some bearings/hubs!

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #88  
Thing about grease is it buys you a lot more time, if you’re driving and don’t know the hub is cracked.

Dexter oil baths

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #89  
My 14K trailer is not in FL, and is currently not with me.
I had a previous FL trailer, and the trailer GVW was listed on that registration..
Here is the sales receipt and an old registration but I only see the weight of the trailer, not the GVW, I couldn't find it on either one of my goosenecks registrations either.

Attachments

• Receipt.jpg
    Receipt.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • Registration.jpg
    Registration.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
   / Need advice on trailer purchase #90  
Here is the sales receipt and an old registration but I only see the weight of the trailer, not the GVW, I couldn't find it on either one of my goosenecks registrations either.
1618835936733.jpeg

Attachments

• 90AD5412-6A9F-4562-9F4D-8A644C53C9C2.jpeg
    90AD5412-6A9F-4562-9F4D-8A644C53C9C2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73