What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #31  
I have never had a problem with K&N filters.

I DID have a transmission problem......transmission ceased to shift with Amsoil/snake oil.
Dumped the Amsoil/snake oil, and replaced.....then all became OK for many more thousands of miles!
Amsoil/snake oil....never again!

Did you use the recommended Amsoil transmission flush first to get out all the sludge and varnish that was already in there?

Amsoil or any high end quality transmission fluid will loosen the sludge and varnish up and get it circulating through he system clogging passage ways. Had you flushed it first or simply refilled with Amsoil again, I would bet you would have gotten the same many more thousands of miles and even more and probably used a little less fuel too.

I had a co-worked tell me a similar story, said he used Amsoil once and he spun a bearing in a V8 and attributed it to the Amsoil. I said if it was the Amsoil, then why didn't the other 7 spin?
Odds are that one bearing wasn't sized or set correctly.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #32  
Did you use the recommended Amsoil transmission flush first to get out all the sludge and varnish that was already in there?

Amsoil or any high end quality transmission fluid will loosen the sludge and varnish up and get it circulating through he system clogging passage ways. Had you flushed it first or simply refilled with Amsoil again, I would bet you would have gotten the same many more thousands of miles and even more and probably used a little less fuel too.

I had a co-worked tell me a similar story, said he used Amsoil once and he spun a bearing in a V8 and attributed it to the Amsoil. I said if it was the Amsoil, then why didn't the other 7 spin?
Odds are that one bearing wasn't sized or set correctly.
No!
I did NOT use ...."the recommended Amsoil Transmission flush",.... because as I recall, there was no such recommendation!
Existing fluid already WAS "high quality" GM transmission fluid, so why would there have been any meaningful "sludge"?
As I recall, filter looked good, but I changed it also.

Amsoil dealer did not recommend ANTHING special be done (in those days, only small auto repair shops usually sold Amsoil)
Vehicle had approximately 65,000 miles when I changed to Amsoil.
I do not believe that the Amsoil label recommended any special actions.

This issue occurred 25+ years ago.
Never any Amsoil products on my property since, and never will be!
After removing the Amsoil, and then twice flushing with GM fluid, vehicle ran fine on original type GM approved transmission fluid, for the next 100, 000+ miles!

Last edited:
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #33  
No!
I did NOT use ...."the recommended Amsoil Transmission flush",.... because as I recall, there was no such recommendation!
Existing fluid already WAS "high quality" GM transmission fluid, so why would there have been any meaningful "sludge"?
As I recall, filter looked good, but I changed it also.

Amsoil dealer did not recommend ANTHING special be done (in those days, only small auto repair shops usually sold Amsoil)
Vehicle had approximately 65,000 miles when I changed to Amsoil.
I do not believe that the Amsoil label recommended any special actions.

This issue occurred 25+ years ago.
Never any Amsoil products on my property since, and never will be!
After removing the Amsoil, and then twice flushing with GM fluid, vehicle ran fine on original type GM approved transmission fluid, for the next 100, 000+ miles!
25+ years ago, probably a lot was still being learned. I have only been using Amsoil the last 20-24 years and it is recommended to use Amsoil flush on engines and transmissions prior to change over to Amsoil for reasons stated.

GM transmission fluid wasn't so high quality back then, even questionable today with all the changes every few years. At 65K miles it probably did have some sludge in there that was knocked loose. We'll never know.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #34  
Don’t bother with mr fried. He’s already made up his mind long ago to hate on Amsoil. What he doesn’t understand is that every other Oil manufacturer has had to change gears and provide synthetics to keep up with the times well after Amsoil started to. His situation was unfortunate but not uncommon with any brand or type of lube. Just the way it is sometimes. Always a possibility of unknowns... 😬 Dutchy

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #35  
Don’t bother with mr fried. He’s already made up his mind long ago to hate on Amsoil. What he doesn’t understand is that every other Oil manufacturer has had to change gears and provide synthetics to keep up with the times well after Amsoil started to. His situation was unfortunate but not uncommon with any brand or type of lube. Just the way it is sometimes. Always a possibility of unknowns... 😬 Dutchy
With a normal functioning transmission for 65,000 miles, followed by a change to Amsoil, and Transmission then not shifting at all, after 2,000 more miles, I can only assume that you would have continued to use Amsoil in your future transmissions.
It seems safe to say that we definitely do think differently!

Last edited:
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #36  
It would have been a good case for Oil analysis after issues arose. Quite possibly answering some unknowns...unfortunately not done for whatever reason. Quite possibly eliminating any chance of warranty provided by Amsoil, had the lube been found defective. Dutchy

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #37  
With a normal functioning transmission for 65,000 miles, followed by a change to Amsoil, and Transmission then not shifting at all, after 2,000 more miles, I can only assume that you would have continued to use Amsoil in your future transmissions.
It seems safe to say that we definitely do think differently!
I definitely understand your logic and actions if that was your fist and only experience with Amsoil.
But I will still say it wasn't that the Amsoil was faulty, it just dislodged some sludge, especially if the issue was it was not shifting, that's a classic passage way blocked issue.

I've used Amsoil products for 20+ years in 3 Powerstroke pickups, Jeep, Boat, lawn mowers, ZT, multiple ATV's, Chainsaws, weedeaters, etc and never had an oil or fuel issues on any of them. I have a few friends/customers that swear they get better fuel mileage and quieter running vehicles using Amsoil products as well.

I've read several stories where vehicles reached over 500K miles and more using Amsoil motor oil and trans fluids.

I understand your dislike and distrust of it, but I have had the opposite experience and have read of so many others also having a positive experience.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #38  
I use mystic jt5 for hydro and trans and jt8 semi synthetic for engine oil. Usually Napa gold filters or oem if napas not available. Ive never had a problem plus I kind of like mystics new go box. Lol ran ams oil in my snowmobile before it blew probably bad ethanol gas though. Anyone else try Mystic I thinks it's made by Citgo?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #39  
I use mystic jt5 for hydro and trans and jt8 semi synthetic for engine oil. Usually Napa gold filters or oem if napas not available. Ive never had a problem plus I kind of like mystics new go box. Lol ran ams oil in my snowmobile before it blew probably bad ethanol gas though. Anyone else try Mystic I thinks it's made by Citgo?
You buy products..... "made by Citgo"?
A Communist Maduro Venezuela owned/ managed company!

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #40  
I suppose Im not going to debate governments in a global economy, I like there products and they work well in my equipment at a decent price especially with rebates. On a side note I used to run Napas premium tractor hydraulic fluid at twice the price and I'd experience harder shifting with a hydraulic shuttle. Very rarely anymore.