What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor?

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I use high quality JD oil in just about everything. Sure, I hate spending extra money. But with what parts and repairs cost these days? I think, many people that have a tractor , owned by the bank and paying zero percent, have no idea what it's like to be handed a $12,000.00 repair invoice, payable on receipt.

fried1765

Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
I use high quality JD oil in just about everything. Sure, I hate spending extra money. But with what parts and repairs cost these days? I think, many people that have a tractor , owned by the bank and paying zero percent, have no idea what it's like to be handed a $12,000.00 repair invoice, payable on receipt.
I will continue using Kubota UDT-2 in my Kubota hydraulic system.
The machine (L48) is long out of warranty, but alternative hyd. oils are not that much less expensive.

Last edited:

daman1

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723E TLB
Depending on what part of the country you're from usually mobil bottles John Deere plus 50 II, so its basically delvac 15w40 which is an outstanding quality Lube.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I actually stock up each January wheen Deere has their Lube sale. Bought JD Synthetic for the first time in my life this last Jan for my Diesel Mule and Steiner with the Kubota engine.

I don't think I would do that again! No better cranking on the Steiner and the Mule is Noisier! Is that POSSIBLE? JD 15W40 VS 0/40 Synthetic. Both JD Plus 50 II.

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kubota M9000 HD, Kubota Sidekick UTE
Far as I'm concerned, oil is like mouthwash. It's all basically the same so long as the API cert is correct and Blackstone says it's good, I use it. All winds up in my waste oil furnace in the end anyway.

Super Star Member
Tractor
What is the connection for that absurd K&N comment?
Don't be so thin skinned, I was just poking you a bit... I used to be the regional K&N Rep here. I'm not anymore. Like it or not a clean K&N will pass dirty air. They have to be dirty to filter properly and most people don't let them get dirty. They want to see that pretty red K&N filter oil shining through. Mine are are all filthy. They filter better that way. Have them on everything, even my air compressor.

Robin Veerman

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK30HST
That’s exactly the way I run the K&N filter on my HD. It’s not visible so I let it get dirty, clean it once a year. Never a spec of dirt anywhere in the intake... Dutchy

Super Star Member
Tractor
The big issue with ALL pre charged K&N filters used in automotive applications with emissions controls is, the filter oil on the filter gets in the intake air stream and fouls the MAF sensor and that holds especially true with a just cleaned and oiled K&N. Once the MAF sensor is fouled, it cannot input the present A/F ratio to the ecm and then the ECM starts adjusting the A/F ratio to compensate, resulting in poor fuel mileage and other issues and MAF sensors aren't a cheap date to replace. You can clean them (some of them) with CRC MAF Sensor cleaner but even when cleaned, not all work correctly, especially the heated wire ones.

Why I don't run a K&N in my emissions compliant vehicles. Been there and did that before and there is really no cure other than a dry type air filter. In a non MAF engine, no problem. In a MAF engine it can become a big and expensive issue.