What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #41  
I suppose Im not going to debate governments in a global economy, I like there products and they work well in my equipment at a decent price especially with rebates. On a side note I used to run Napas premium tractor hydraulic fluid at twice the price and I'd experience harder shifting with a hydraulic shuttle. Very rarely anymore.
Got it!
You don't care about the source, or the product....just the price!

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #42  
Nope I care if it worksgood, and readily available price was a bonus.

Attachments

• KIMG0280.JPG
    KIMG0280.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #43  
Nope I care if it worksgood, and readily available price was a bonus.
If it "worksgood", and is readily available, the source, or if produced with slave or child labor, would not matter,..... and also, cheap is a bonus.

Last edited:
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #44  
How did I get under your skin? oh sure I make it my priority to only buy slave and child labor products. Unfortunately a lot of child and slave labor products are mediocre at best, therefore they aren't exactly in high demand by people like me. Seriously though One of my biggest frustrations is when I need to use equipment or tools and they don't work with that being said I am not dropping 20k for a snap on tool box when a 1k one suits my needs perfectly nor am I paying 100+ for lubricants when $50 buys the same quantity and quality. Im pretty sure retail stores frown upon imported products made with child labor and not only because it's a pr nightmare. If you notice my picture of the mystic jt5 it clearly says manufactured in the USA most likely by union labor and it's sold by reputable companies. If I remember correctly mystic has been around for 100 yrs. Hopefully enough said.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #45  
My local tractor dealer/shop did my initial 50 hour service and now it time for my next oil change but I'm going to do it. So I called my local shop to order my oil filter and I decided to check their prices on engine oil and their recommendation, I was planning to use Rotella T6. They told me they always use Legacy brand which means that's what is currently in my tractor.

This got me thinking ... are popular name brands like Rotella really that much better quality/performance over what the dealer uses?

It's not a question about saving a few bucks .... it's more about buying popular name brands just because they are popular.

Does your dealer/shop normally use popular name brands on lubricants?
The dealer I purchased my tractor (machines emax25) stated I should use Shell hydraulic fluid in my hst but after rounds of the useless stuff I tried Sinopec universal tractor brake fluid because it passed the specs and it was very good fluid but I went with Mahindra universal tractor hydraulic because of the confusion from one dealer to the next so to save on confusion and uncertain warranty coverage just stay with the Mahindra brand. The Times I used Shell my tractor in all cases at about 100 hours the hst become jerky and made a lot of noise under small loads. It's my opinion that the Shell does not have enough of the chemical or hydrocracked abilities to extract moisture from the fluid. Sinopec or Mahindra brand goes the 500 hour with out breaking down.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #46  
Mine uses Sinopec hydraulic fluid. I do my own service, so buy it from them in 5 gal. pails.

I use Rotella T-6 for the engine oil.