TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,262  
The thing is...in reality in an extreme SHTF scenario...it won't matter a bit how much ammo someone has stored...in reality it will come down to how many rounds you can carry on your back and how much are you willing to compromise so some water can also be carried...(and don't forget the TP)...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,263  
Be sure your pack has room for food too unless you plan to be the guy shot within a week for stealing someone else's.

We dare not forget what happened the last time. It's all about being prepared for the next mission and being able to live off the land, if only until the fan gets cleaned. Let's not forget either what we'll be up against. btw, expect a second wave .. of zombies.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,264  
I'm not going anywhere except maybe to New Mexico for an Elk hunt in the fall. I don't need to. I live smack dab in flyover country on a working farm with no one around and a nice unobstructed view in every direction.

.223's are for me a diminutive round anyway. I much prefer a 338 caliber as in 338 Lapua and I have plenty of them as well. The 223 for me is strictly for close in work.

I've never been lacking for ammunition at all. Have gobs of everything I shoot including .50 cal. I have a Barrett 50 too but I much prefer the 338 for long range. It's lighter and just as accurate to 1500 yards.

Shot a NM Antelope a few years ago at 975 yards. One shot, double lung. No issue.

Components are no issue, in fact I just sold 1000 .223's and 8 pounds of Varget. Needless to say I made a tidy profit. Last time I checked I had 16 pounds of Varget still on the shelf and thousands of primers, mostly Federal in every flavor. I do prime my .223's with CCI SR primers, have cases of them too.

I made sure I bought everything 'back when'. Glad I did. Times are tough now but not impacting me at all.

Had a buddy buy a .17 HMR new and the shop owner included one box of rounds which he promptly shot. Now he has nothing so the rifle is a club....lol Have a .17 too. Use it for chucks. Think I have 20 boxes of shells for it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,268  
Mullein AKA Indian toilet paper, a prolific self-sower we've all seen and hated otherwise. Use fresh-picked, as dried will crumble. Dip/drain in used oil to use as torch or fire starter. btw, to spray with 2-4-D, glypho, etc just include a surfactant. Spray, pull, or cut stalks before they flower.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,270  
Come on, guys. Take it somewhere else. Let's not ruin yet another good thread over petty personality squabbles.