TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,271  
Come on, guys. Take it somewhere else. Let's not ruin yet another good thread over petty personality squabbles.
Agree....
If you don't like a post, just ignore it
As PJ wrote, we've lost some good threads because of such behavior

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,272  
I did. Back to regular programming.

FYI Capital Ammunition has lots of different calibers of brass to sell. Just bought 1000 .223's and 200 .338 cases last night. Propellants are still tough as are primers and bullets but Arm and Ally has Hornady bulk 22 caliber, 55 grain spire points on their website at a good price in bulk. Bought a couple thousand a month ago. The 55 grain spire points shipped direct from Hornady in Grand Island.

You can get Berger's direct from ABM as well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#7,273  
I see on Ammoseek, that 22LR is down to under 19 cents/rd. Still way too high. I'm trying to wait it out until it's under double figures again.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,274  
I have noticed some components and reloading tools are starting to become available again. It is spotty, but stuff is starting to appear.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,275  
A couple of days ago I went to two of the local stores that normally have a decent selection.

First one:
No ammunition
No components

A second store had one box of 17 Hornet and several boxes of 9mm Makarov.
No components

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,276  
I checked the gun counters Wed at Hicks Outdoors over in Clio.

Maybe one sparsely populated case but many HGs that I'd think anybody would want vs slimmer pickings &/or hard to feed calibers. There was a nice Canik carry-sized 9mm in FDE, an SCCY 9mm with a black slide, plum-colored frame, and red dot optic for $399, the usual several S&Ws and Glocks, a couple of Kimber 'micro' nines, (wow, they're tiny and nice) a 10mm or two, a dozen other semi-autos, Heritage Rough Rider .22LRs in three barrel lengths and the 'Bar Keep' was one of two with the patriotic grip scheme. Lacking were many CF revolvers.

btw, I'm playing a long game on ammo that I don't have enough brass emptied to reload. (3-caliber RF glut) IMO, demand may taper near or far but I'd expect production to catch up quite a bit by this time next year. In coming months we may not have the range time we did if/when sheltering in place. (and catching up) I kinda think high prices aren't as much to gouge but to discourage 'resellers' to do so when we don't know what to expect this year much less in those ahead. Meanwhile is it my Scottish or my German heritage that I'm so insistent that I make every round count? :unsure:

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,277  
Just ordered 500 855 light armor piercing 65 grain .223 bullets and 1000 55 grain spire points. Direct from Grand Island.

Sold another thousand 55 grain spire points in LC brass. 70 cents a pop this time.

Just checked my stock. I have 5 1000 round bricks of 22LR's.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,279  
Be sure your pack has room for food too unless you plan to be the guy shot within a week for stealing someone else's.

We dare not forget what happened the last time. It's all about being prepared for the next mission and being able to live off the land, if only until the fan gets cleaned. Let's not forget either what we'll be up against. btw, expect a second wave .. of zombies.
You would be better off to shelter in place. Us people who live on the land all own guns too, we don't have to pack ammo anywhere, know the terrain intimately, are hunters and vets, and can form a local militia at the drop of a hat.

Relief shipments will be showing up in cities. Stay there.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,280  
You would be better off to shelter in place. Us people who live on the land all own guns too, we don't have to pack ammo anywhere, know the terrain intimately, are hunters and vets, and can form a local militia at the drop of a hat.

Relief shipments will be showing up in cities. Stay

1619870770400.png