Just another UDT oil question.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #51  
Yeah that explains this --

And spelling smak is juvenile
So is using a slang word 'yeah'.... I'm done with you, have a good day bub. The thread is about Kubota lubricants, not come apart engines or fleetguard filters, neither of which I care about.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #52  
It's like my buddy telling me he won't buy a Ford P/U because he works on so many.

I asked him, "Did you ever think that's because Ford has more pickups on the road than the rest combined?"

He didn't have much to say.

They ALL have problems. The problem with Cummin's fuel pumps was pretty serious, though.

But Cat, DD, all of them have problems.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #53  
So is using a slang word 'yeah'.... I'm done with you, have a good day bub. The thread is about Kubota lubricants, not come apart engines or fleetguard filters, neither of which I care about.

You cared enough to try and start some garbage, didn't you??

I was just giving my opinion on filters. JD, Kubota, none of them know squat about filters compared to the people that MAKE THEIR FILTERS FOR THEM.

You had a house built, so now you're an Architect? A Carpenter? An Electrician? A mason? A Plumber? A roofer and a concrete worker?

No, you had somebody do it for you TO YOUR SPECS. I've heard ducks fart underwater before.

I mean what is it these days? People just stopped thinking or what?

/ Just another UDT oil question. #54  
I disagree with the general term that filter people know more than the OEMs about filter people. In my case I can cite an instance where our labs developed an improved filter medium. Of course we work with our filter supplier to insure they can manufacture in volume what we develop. I can't tell you for sure if even the filter manufacturer could sell the same filter under their name. Fluids different case. In every case I can think of, new specialty oils were sold under our brand name with an equivalent fluid available from our supplier under their brand. I am certain smaller OEMs do not have the resources to do this (I started out with a one) but it is amazing what the largest can do. Engineers screw up, and an option often is to go to fluids group asking them if they can bail us out.

/ Just another UDT oil question.
I got the owners/operators manual and other than basic checks and greasing fittings only calls for engine and HST change along with filters. Manual also calls for Super UDT, but written quote from dealer lists UDTB "B" for bulk. I'm going to suggest OEM filters and TSC, Rotella T4 or T5 synthetic 15w-40 Looks like there are 2 HST filters, is this correct? See attached dealer quote for $400+ in parts.

Attachments

• IMG_4762 (2).JPG
    IMG_4762 (2).JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 76
   / Just another UDT oil question. #56  
RickB, Ford850, ljjhouser, and I would probably feel better for your wallet if you posted a copy of the Maintenance Service Intervals page that shows a change of the HST oil is called for at 50 hours as opposed to just replacing the filters. I have access only to the L45 and MX4800/MX5200/MX5800 operators' manuals that call for filter only change at the first 50 hours and HST oil and filter replacement at 400 hours. The MX5400HST manual may call for a change at 50 hours, but $264+ is an expensive mis-reading.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #57  
You cared enough to try and start some garbage, didn't you??

I was just giving my opinion on filters. JD, Kubota, none of them know squat about filters compared to the people that MAKE THEIR FILTERS FOR THEM.

You had a house built, so now you're an Architect? A Carpenter? An Electrician? A mason? A Plumber? A roofer and a concrete worker?

No, you had somebody do it for you TO YOUR SPECS. I've heard ducks fart underwater before.

I mean what is it these days? People just stopped thinking or what?

Put him on ignore. He's not worth the BS he spews.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #58  
I got the owners/operators manual and other than basic checks and greasing fittings only calls for engine and HST change along with filters. Manual also calls for Super UDT, but written quote from dealer lists UDTB "B" for bulk. I'm going to suggest OEM filters and TSC, Rotella T4 or T5 synthetic 15w-40 Looks like there are 2 HST filters, is this correct? See attached dealer quote for $400+ in parts.
Wow!
That is an insane quote!
Over $800 (+ sales tax, plus $250 transport), and I can do the same job myself, with all new filters and SUDT-2 + Rotella T4 or T5 Synthetic 15w-40, on my much larger Kubota L48TLB, for $344.
My tractor has not, and will not, ever see a dealer for a fluids change!

Last edited:
   / Just another UDT oil question. #59  
If it were me, I would use SUDT at the required intervals. Once upon a time ... I bought a Kubota L3800 HST at 69 hours. The HST was whining much more than what I figured was right. I did a lot of research and found that it was a common problem, and the advice was not to use UDT, but to use SUDT which was a special spec that Kubota felt was the best answer. It often reduced the noise for others and partially for me, but not enough. I ended up selling the tractor with 109 hours.

The point is that UDT and SUDT are not standard hydraulic oils. I buy TSC Premium hydraulic for my other non-HST tractors - works well. But I would not want to end up with HST problems because of a non-Kubota oil. That way if noise gets annoying, you can put the blame on them.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #60  
When my M59 needed filters and fluid changed went to buy them. Fall the dealer offers 10% discount on parts and labor for their slow season. Casually asked how much they could do the service? They can pick up and deliver, change oil and filters for what they can sell me the oil and filters for! Their cost for super UDT in bulk tote offsets the labor and transportation. Allows them to keep their employees busy. They also washed and greased the tractor. Win win.