Just another UDT oil question.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #41  
Personally I'm only using UDT-2 in my MX. Changed filters at 50 hours. Will change fluids at 400. Never heard of problems with UDT-2. Heard issued when it is not used.

$264 must be for full exchange. There is also a $20 off coupon from Kubota that I signed up for online

Andy

/ Just another UDT oil question. #42  
Incorrect. Cummins owns their own filtration company and makes their own filters. It's called Fleetguard these days and I think they still make them in Indiana near their HQ, not sure on that. They're a serious company. World wide manufacturers
No clue where their blocks are cast. I know that there were some bad ones that were cast in Brazil, I think. But that was on the 5.9 IIRC years ago.
Guess you are right (I checked) but I still won't use a Fleetguard filter on my Kubota's.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #43  
What I don’t understand is why folks use the manufactures stuff under the warranty period but go to generic stuff after the warranty expires.

Either the manufacturers stuff is best for the machine or it isn’t. Who wants their equipment to break down just because it’s no longer under warranty?

MoKelly
'Cause they are cheap. Simple answer.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #44  
'Cause they are cheap. Simple answer.

I don't use them for that reason at all. I use them because they're better.

Cummins has forgotten more about diesel engines then Kubota will ever know. Not knocking Kubota. They're my first choice in utility tractors but it is what it is.

For the few, very few, dollars more; if it gives you peace of mind using Kubota filters, I say Go For It.

I don't even know if Fleetguard makes a fiter for your engine. They may not. Not gonna look, either :)

/ Just another UDT oil question. #45  
I don't use them for that reason at all. I use them because they're better.

Cummins has forgotten more about diesel engines then Kubota will ever know. Not knocking Kubota. They're my first choice in utility tractors but it is what it is.

For the few, very few, dollars more; if it gives you peace of mind using Kubota filters, I say Go For It.

I don't even know if Fleetguard makes a fiter for your engine. They may not. Not gonna look, either :)
Got news for you, Cummins is a second rate engine and always has been. I'll take a Cat over a come apart anyday. Even a DDEC is better. At least a DDEC or Cat don't have self exploding fuel pumps. I suggest you go look that one up....

I retired from a Class 8 truck dealership so I got to see all screw ups and Cummins had plenty.

It's 'filter' btw, not fiter.

Don't much care if they do or don't make a filter Won't use them. Next?

/ Just another UDT oil question. #46  
$264 for Kubota UDT-2 is an outrageous price. I get it in Arkansas for about $120. I have also read several warnings about NOT using Kubota UDT-2. Your tractor is a good sized investment. The temptation to use unbranded or off brand parts is a big one, especially when a filter cost $70 and there are several of them. But there is more at stake using parts - especially udt-2 (involves steering, transmission, loader, 4wd front and even it you have wet brakes).
I also do all my maintenance and am glad I can save the service cost. But I stay with Kubota parts and fluids. My tractor is smaller than yours L4701 - my manual says (as others have mentioned) - at 50 hours, change or check the filter for any metal and clean magnet ring if needed. Top off is udt if low. The UDT change is called for at 400 hours. Check your neighbors manual or ask him to call his Kobota dealer about the 50 hr service. Best wishes, Larry
I bought 2- 5gal. pails of SUDT-2, from my local Kubota dealer last month (Kubota seasonal special), for $96.35 each, plus tax.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #47  
Where my dealer is at as well, minus the tax. I'm exempt. 8 5's for me for 2 units.

/ Just another UDT oil question. #48  
Got news for you, Cummins is a second rate engine and always has been. I'll take a Cat over a come apart anyday. Even a DDEC is better. At least a DDEC or Cat don't have self exploding fuel pumps. I suggest you go look that one up....

I retired from a Class 8 truck dealership so I got to see all screw ups and Cummins had plenty.

It's 'filter' btw, not fiter.

Don't much care if they do or don't make a filter Won't use them. Next?

Yeah that explains this --

And spelling smak is juvenile

/ Just another UDT oil question. #49