TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,571  
The impetus for me to start reloading was that I could not find .44 special at reasonable prices back around the 2009-2010 time frame.

.44 is so easy to load even I can do it.
.44 special is rare around here. Even when there was plenty of ammo nobody stocked it, and if you could find it, it cost as much as the magnum loads.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,572  
I can't think of the last time I've seen 44 special on a shelf. I don't think I ever saw it where it wasn't more money than 44 magnum.

If you really want to save money on handloading, try loading for 375 H&H ($120 for 20) or 50-90 Sharps ($100 for 20).

That will put a spring in your step.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,573  
Even buying virgin brass, you can load premium hunting ammo at the same cost or less then premium factory hunting ammo.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,574  
I bought a PPK for my Bride, and then bought her the one She wanted, a Sig P238. She lost the spare mag to TSA so I went looking for another, only to find another gun with 7 mags for the cost of the mags. So now I carry a P238 also!
I've never carried mine, I believe with the factory holster it's a lock and loaded set up...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,575  
So, yesterday I decided it was time to purchase another box of 12 gauge shot shells. Checked at the local Wallmart store and at Cabelas in Post Falls, ID. ZERO - nothing at either store. And I mean nothing in ANY caliber.

The salesman at Cabelas acknowledged - "makes selling guns pretty difficult".

I should say so......... You spend $1200+ on a new Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and get to shout "BANG" as you pull the trigger.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,576  
What type of 12 ga shells where you looking for? Around here bird shoot boxes of 100 are pretty easy to find at Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro, ect. Buck shoot is on/off availability, but at $8 for 5 rounds; i don't think people are buying more then a box or three. I dont think I've seen any slugs in a pretty long while. Turkey loads where pretty limited this year.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,577  
I have never felt comfortable with a thumbhole stock on a hammer rifle. I just annoys me.

Bruce
I love it, that is with out a doubt my favorite carry gun!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,578  
WaHOO - I found an unopened box. Way back on the upper shelf in the linen closet. Show you how old this stuff is - price sticker on the box - $9.45. And that for a box of 25. I shoot BB load in the shotgun. It's a brand I've never heard of -- Kent Fasteel out of WV. Must have been on sale when I bought it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,579  
I’m looking for Savage pro varmit .22 mag semi auto.and a reasonable price on a clean used .357 mag HG mid barrel length. Have 5-10 too many guns sitting around I don’t want. Want to freshen up my inventory a bit
And what are you looking to et rid of in your stock?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,580  
I think people underestimate how much you save or saved reloading 223. I can't compete with Wolf, but shop for 77gr OTM loaded ammo, and even in good times, they where between $0.75/$1.25 per round. I think my components run around $0.40/round, with once fired LC brass, primer, around 25gr on powder.

.270 Win Hornady loaded ammo, with 140gr SSTs are or where around $37/20. The projctiles are expensive at $35/100; and powder, ar $0.22/round.

I actually quit reloading 9mm in fall of 2019. At that time, I could get brass PPU(Monarch) for $8.99/50. At $0.18/rnd, I could beat that with Berrys or Xtrme bullets, but only save a couple penny's per round for the work. Now, needless to say, I wish I had grabbed lots of SPP before the, um, "festivities"
You want to talk saving $$ I dont do a lot of volume but with reloading for my 500 S$W I went from about $3 per to 83 cents per..

I got into the 9mm game way late just before covid set in so I have a shortage of brass, I've bullets, primers and powder but no more brass. Loaded all my brass up the other day and only have about 600 rounds, but I'll make it work.