TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,561  
I’m looking for Savage pro varmit .22 mag semi auto.and a reasonable price on a clean used .357 mag HG mid barrel length. Have 5-10 too many guns sitting around I don’t want. Want to freshen up my inventory a bit

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,562  
Nice contenders, I have three here myself. Dwindled down to these three.. I need to get a pistol barrel again, I miss it...
I have never felt comfortable with a thumbhole stock on a hammer rifle. I just annoys me.

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,563  
I’m looking for Savage pro varmit .22 mag semi auto.and a reasonable price on a clean used .357 mag HG mid barrel length. Have 5-10 too many guns sitting around I don’t want. Want to freshen up my inventory a bit
If you include a box of ammo with the guns you don't want you can double the asking price right now :rolleyes:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,564  
I bought a PPK for my Bride, and then bought her the one She wanted, a Sig P238. She lost the spare mag to TSA so I went looking for another, only to find another gun with 7 mags for the cost of the mags. So now I carry a P238 also!
I have the predecessor, the P230 West German made in stainless. Nice gun to carry for sure and ultra reliable.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,565  
I have the predecessor, the P230 West German made in stainless. Nice gun to carry for sure and ultra reliable.
I'm guessing the Walther was in production 10 years prior to the Sig Sauer.

I kind of gave up on the Sig line overall about 15 years ago when they "Americanized" their line due to the American market, but that 230 is one gun I'm sorry I let go (for caliber only at the time because I was too much of "he man" at the time in the 90's). Probably (and don't quote me on it) one of the few models where you knew it came from Europe unlike the other bastard Sigs (220/226/228) that have "made in West Germany" on the slide but they weren't completely made in Europe (Sig "America" riding the european quality).

That said, it's hard to f up the 220/226/229 design no matter where they're made LOL

EDIT - In Sig's "USA" defense, I don't think the American market has been kind to Walther's "quality" due to importation.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,566  
Roy, I didn't take what you said as a dare. But sooner or later a guy's gotta declare himself. :rolleyes:

So as a sovereign member of this forum I'm exercising my right to take my stand somewhere else .. someday I guess .. but not in this thread unless it includes a gun and a note I leave for you guys. :sneaky:

So can we have more .357, etc pics? I like the handgun stuff because I have so few of them & have sold so many. (S&W 3913 TSW, Raging Bull .44 Mag, Uberti .38/.357 Revo-Carbine, Tec-22, one P3AT ..)

My interest: Of my many rifles, mostly bolt-action, I suggest that the average value for them falls short of the HGs you guys have posted here. WIMI respect for what I don't have, and for fellow reloaders.

So here's my dare: Convince me/us what's easier to reload than .44 Mag & why? Rifle or HG loads? Extra points for both. Since they are available in rifle and HG why not your fave from 9mm - .45-70?? What's that one calibers you actually shoot a lot and save money by reloading vs what it costs for all the others. Oh, is this thread about guns ... ?
I don't know about easy, but the round I reload most is 28 gauge, followed by 38 special wadcutters. 28 gauge costs a bundle in stores, but is cheap to reload.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,568  
The impetus for me to start reloading was that I could not find .44 special at reasonable prices back around the 2009-2010 time frame.

.44 is so easy to load even I can do it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,569  
I started loading in 1990, inspired by the idea of cheaper-per-round handgun ammo (.38/.357) that would allow me to shoot more. I stopped for several years in the late '90s to early '00s. Just didn't shoot much then. I started shooting more again around '05, and was having trouble finding mil-surp 7x57 for my 1895 Mauser. That inspired me to start loading again.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,570  
I think people underestimate how much you save or saved reloading 223. I can't compete with Wolf, but shop for 77gr OTM loaded ammo, and even in good times, they where between $0.75/$1.25 per round. I think my components run around $0.40/round, with once fired LC brass, primer, around 25gr on powder.

.270 Win Hornady loaded ammo, with 140gr SSTs are or where around $37/20. The projctiles are expensive at $35/100; and powder, ar $0.22/round.

I actually quit reloading 9mm in fall of 2019. At that time, I could get brass PPU(Monarch) for $8.99/50. At $0.18/rnd, I could beat that with Berrys or Xtrme bullets, but only save a couple penny's per round for the work. Now, needless to say, I wish I had grabbed lots of SPP before the, um, "festivities"